DSD case behind a turbo 350??

DannyH

smokey burnouts
Kinda browsing advance adaptors trying to determine what case I can run behind a turbo 350 with a ford axle...
so far I think my possibilities are:
Ford 205
Bronco Dana 20...
Np231
Flipped Dana 300??

And maybe some others
Does anyone have any advice on which way I should try to go and what going to be my best option...

In the end I may end up swapping the front axle and running a 205...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda browsing advance adaptors trying to determine what case I can run behind a turbo 350 with a ford axle...
so far I think my possibilities are:
Ford 205
Bronco Dana 20...
Np231
Flipped Dana 300??

And maybe some others
Does anyone have any advice on which way I should try to go and what going to be my best option...

In the end I may end up swapping the front axle and running a 205...

Engine? Tire size?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Engine? Tire size?

Chevy 350 soon to be, and 37s currently.... Trying to get my head wrapped around the build! on an 81 j10. I've got a full width 44 in the front but will probably be moving on to a 60 in the future...

Chevy 350 soon to be, and 37s currently.... Trying to get my head wrapped around the build! on an 81 j10. I've got a full width 44 in the front but will probably be moving on to a 60 in the future...

Honestly the best thing I ever did was go atlas. I had a 300 that was flipped, ended up tearing it apart with a jeep 4.0 and 37s. By the time I priced up 32 spline outputs, gears, etc I was almost to an atlas. Atlas shifts so much nicer and I don't worry about it one bit. Otherwise I'd go ford np205, cheap and strong in stock form

Np241? From behind a 700r4

Are they dsd? If so I thought they were pretty hard to come by?

Are they dsd? If so I thought they were pretty hard to come by?

Yes Any late 80s early 90s Chevy 1500 truck / suburban would have had it.

I’m not positive but I’m guessing the 241 behind the 4l60 would work also.

If that’s the case, then 87-98 Chevy 1500 case would work.

Could also probably use a 231c from an s10 would work also but a bit weaker than 241.

4ecd12ddf9db379ad327979ebda267c7.png

Search Results

Car-part.com is awesome.

Yes Any late 80s early 90s Chevy 1500 truck / suburban would have had it.

I’m not positive but I’m guessing the 241 behind the 4l60 would work also.

might give the 241 a shot the adapter is more reasonable than that for a for np205..
Do you know any about the reliability of an np241??

AA also tells me they can be found in 1981-2000 model chevy trucks

241 cases should be pretty easy to find. They came behind just about all chevy trucks that have IFS through the 90's. They have an SYE available and are about as strong as you will get with a chain driven case.

You can probably use the factory adapter for 241-700r4 on your 350

Even though the outputs are different?

I'm starting to think going DSD isn't worth it if the end goal is a dana 60. my turbo 350 is the np205 version with the shorter output, the AA kit comes with the new out put, buuuuut I have to install it along with the fact that the np241 has a slipyoke so I'll need an eliminatror... the cost may be more upfront, but I think in the end I will save more by going psd...

just thinking out loud..

Do you know any about the reliability of an np241??
The biggest thing I see goin wrong w em is the mode fork wears out and they wont go in lo range.My doubler is built w the front half of a 241,FS Blazer w tons and 42's,big heavy pig but its held up.

What's going to be the best way to find a ford 205

Back