Drive Shafts

Ron

Dum Spiro Spero
Been trying to help my son work out some bugs this weekend.
We finally got his wraith operational...and its pretty bad ass.

Biggest problem we have, we cant keep drive shafts in it

Whats everyone else using and liking?

Wraith, 27t, some inner coil shocks (I think maybe 105mm?) etc.

Im just learning the lingo so Im prolly messing some of those details up.

My Wraith specs,

Regeared 14-87 ( I wanted to do more crawling than high speed )
Axial rock star 2.2 bead locks
Pro line TSL's
Level-3 RC lowering kit. ( moves shock mounts higher on the chassis to drop it a little )
Hot Racing 110 MM internal spring air shocks ( more droop )
Hitec 7955 steering servo
Hot racing aluminum steering links
Hot racing aluminum hubs and knuckles
RD 4WD chassis mounted servo kit ( more scale looking, plus it ads a aluminum truss on the front axle l and let you run a 3 / track bar link up front, flexes a little more )
Home made aluminum lower links
Relocated the battery up front under the hood ( have to trim the front of the interior a little but hardly noticeable )
Relocated the ESC to the back.
Hinged the hood for easier access to the battery and radio box.
Aluminum diff covers ( mostly for bling but those things do take a beating )
Sky lipop 500mih 2s lipo ( plenty of power for stock motor )
U-Joint axles ( lets you turn deeper with less binding and they are stronger )

Haven't had much trouble with drive shafts, broke 2 I think in about a year. My ESC just took a dump so I'm gonna upgrade to the Holmes Hobbys crawler set up for the wraith. Novacayne75 on here just made the switch and it is wicked, plus it's 6s capable! When I do that I'm gonna upgrade to aluminum drive shafts.

hope this helps!!!!!!

229.JPG
228.JPG
222.JPG

I ,may be wrong on the motor..but honestly its too much for what he expected. Hes snapped 1 shaft and twisted the splines on another in a day.
Plus with droop the keep pulling out even blue loctited in on the splines.

I know he has aluminum links, a full aluminum body and cowl hood kit. Aluminum steering arms...
Supposedly "bogger" tires but they look like TSLs to me. and some bead lock wheels.
He really went all out until it came time for the ESC and TX/RX...was bummed to learnt hat his existing radio we couldnt get a rx for (75mhz) so he just picked up a cheap combo at the local hobby shop and that will get updated soon, but first he has to keep drive shafts in it.

What battery are you running?

He has a 2 and a 3 or 4 lipo.

So far just the 2 has been in the car.

Batts came from Matt at Anderson not sure on brand.

He tried to play with it some more tonight but the damn shafts won't stay in. I swear I'm about to bring some metal fuel line to Dave W and see what he can fab up :D

Wow, I'm running a 2s and haven't had any issues. I broke one because I got bound up, but other than that I haven't had any trouble.

Theirs gotta be something wrong I have broke a few but I beat the snot out of my wraith with a holmes 13t on 3s and have even had it on 4s lipo and that was dam near undriveable.
The rear shafts are longer than the front so you may want to check that and a 6mm rod inserted in the splined section helps cut d8wn on the twisting.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Back