DPG Benefit Open Ride and Freerock Comp Feb 27th

Ok dumb question about DPG....there was a big mud pit off to the right in the field but not a sole was using it last month....what's up with that?

I'm still cleaning the green mud off from the last one.

That place is too much fun not to go.

Looks like I have a place to break in the new toy! I'll be there!

Camping Sat. night? Cost? Other rules?

If the mud hole you are talking about is the one I am thinking about, it's actually a pond that is probably just low or dry right now. One of the 'Devils will probably chime in with a better answer.

Ok dumb question about DPG....there was a big mud pit off to the right in the field but not a sole was using it last month....what's up with that?

There was an XJ that went in but did not make it all the way to the other side. I plan to make a run or two in it.

Wow this is the same weekend as the free rock challenge at the rock pile at marsfab shop, dang the bad luck, I hate having to make a tough decision like this.

Wow this is the same weekend as the free rock challenge at the rock pile at marsfab shop, dang the bad luck, I hate having to make a tough decision like this.

I did not realize that when I posted this, but the two events are now one at DPG so you won't have to choose.

Ricky will be posting up the details.

UPDATE:

--------------------
Proud to announce the:

"Supercar Sensation 4x4cross Season Opener and Efird Memorial Ride"

asupercarsensation.com_img_v3_logo.jpg

www.supercarsensation.com

You may have seen their display's in either Southpark Mall or Concord Mills Recently but Big props to Supercar Sensations for stepping up to Keynote the weekend with their sizable donation to the Efird Mem. Fund as well as the straight up SICK autocross package that will be raffled off to benefit the Jonathan Efird Memorial Fund . . . I wanna drive a daggum Lambo on some Hot Laps :smokin:

Raffle going on Friday and Saturday, look for the 4x4cross/Efird/Supercar Sensation Display's...

Raffle tickets are $5 and will be sold Friday at the dragstrip and Saturday at the DPG Benefit Ride/FREEROCK Comp ... the drawing will be held Saturday, you do not have to be present to win.

-----------------------------------------------
A raffle for an Auto Cross package from
Supercar Sensation
*All funds accumulated from raffle is going to Jonathan Efird*

What is this Auto Cross package???

You will receive a gift card from Supercar Sensation which includes...

-Vip pass to Auto Cross event *see dates below*
-Orientation lap with Driving Instructor
-5 Hot laps in our Lambo
-5 Hot laps in our Ferrari
-5 Hot laps in our GTR

*Upcoming dates are March 20th, and June 5th
Here are a few pictures from past events, these are the cars you will be driving....:driver::driver:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_5480_130759749576_669664576_2114482.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_17358_1161270841690_1525402777_3036.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_8532_1133658862425_1255895124_30358.jpg

--------------------

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_seasonopener_411x116.jpg

Diesel's, Grudge Pullin, Freestyle Rockcrawlin, and Benefit for The Efird Memorial!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, 4x4cross season opener is gonna be insane, kickin off the year Holdin it Wide Open and Lookin for More throttle!!!!

Not only that But this event weekend will be the first ever covered by the 4x4cross film crew for the "Holdin it Wide Open and Lookin For More Throttle" DVD series!!!

General Entry both Friday and Saturday is $10 for Guys, $5 for Ladies and Kids per day

- Friday Night 26th Straight Diesel Drag Race and Grudge Pull on The Strip at Mooresville Dragstrip Drag Race check-in starts at 7pm, Grudge Pull weigh in at 7pm as well. Racing at 7:30, Pulling right after.

Mooresville Dragstrip Addy: 865 Wilkinson Rd. Mooresville, NC 28115

Straight Diesel Drag Race bracket race $15 to enter w/ 75% payback! Farmboy Diesel is putting up $250 worth of prizes to the first and second place winners!!

Grudge Pull on the Strip:
-6k Hot Street Dot LT Tire, 8k Hot Street DOT LT Tire, and Unlimited Pro
-8k Street Untreated DOT LT Tire - Street class will pull on the non sticky surface for those with the DD's and other rigs that don't want to risk as much breakage potential, but they don't get the higher Pro payback and prizes
-$25 to enter Hot Street and Pro classes, $10 to enter Street
-Payback plus prizes in Hot Street classes
-Payback only in Street
-Unlimited Pro class payback goes all to second place, 1st place gets $500 cash (with 5 truck minimum, $250 for 2 to 3 trucks, $350 for 4 trucks, $500 for 5+ trucks)

www.straightdieseltruckpull.com
www.mooresvilledragway.com

***Due to recent developments, and a lot of really cool and selfless people working together to make it happen, we are announcing an adjustment to the 4x4cross Season Opener weekend.

Fri night 26th will still be Straight Diesel Drag Race and Grudge Pull on the Strip at Mooresville Dragstrip.

On Sat Feb 27th we're proud to announce the Efird Memorial Benefit Ride and Freestyle Rock Comp at The Devils Playground!!!

Devil's Play Ground Addy:  1434 Ross Wood Rd 27370

That's right! Open invite during the day, gates open at 9am Sat Morning free riding all day till 2pm then we will kick off the Freestyle Rock Comp.

And the best part is that it is all going to a very deserving Benefit. Some of you may be familiar with Jonathan Efird - a young, active wheeler, and all around good friend to many, who was tragically killed in a freak bonfire accident about a year ago. Since then the crew from Universal Automotive and his close friends have been making an effort to complete the rig Efird never got to finish, and hopefully one day use it to raise funds for Severe Burn Victims as well as create awareness for the dangers of playing with fire. Lets be honest, we all like to do it, but if your not careful, Efird's accident is the most trajic example of the consequences.

Please come out not only to enjoy yourself either riding, competing, or just watching, but also to help the Efird Memorial Fund.

Gate is $10 for Guys, $5 for women and kids and it all goes to the benefit.

Got a lot of cool prizes from sponsors that will be awarded to the freestyle rock comp winners, as well as purse payback $25 to enter the comp.

Think freestyle Monster Jam except on the Rocks with
Buggies/Jeeps/Trucks/etc! Best part is that it's crowd Judged! 10 spectators get
randomly picked from the crowd to score the Competitors!

No classes for competitors, run what you brung, all you have to do is impress the
crowd, competitor gets aprox 10 min on the pile (length not yet set in stone) and simply
has to impress the crowd, score-cards have points for both Technical Ability and
Crowd Pleasers. We will start your time and when you get to the 2 min mark sound a
buzzer to indicate your time is running low, so you might want to go technical for a
while then when you hear the buzzer go for the "grand finale" point grabber.

This event will be the perfect warm-up to the huge ECORS Race that will be held at DPG in March, so def come scope it out to get just a small taste of what the Sick ECORS race will bring you on the 20th of March.

And remember, it all is going to the Memorial benefit, if nothing else come out to help support the cause - and from everyone involved, we cannot thank you enough for your help.

Check out a few of these links for more info about Jonathan Efird and the effort his good friends and the Universal Automotive crew are putting together to help remember him.

NC 4x4 Threads:
http://nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57330&highlight=efird
http://nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57725&highlight=efird

Facebook Memorial Page:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=efird&init=quick#!/group.php?gid=75558050961

n75558050961_3284.jpg

n1587577481_158657_1683742.jpg

n1497053263_30064259_4401.jpg

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_MONSTER_LOGO_128x181.jpg

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_17244_427676520213_107774875213_10831681_5373594_n_160x147.jpg

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_MUDDEVIL2_116x116.jpg

a4x4cross.com_images_bdbsmall.gif

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_sdpull_370x110.png

a4x4cross.com_images_header_main1.gif

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_marsfab_189x136.png

a4x4cross.com_images_banner_final.png

a4x4cross.com_images_uti_logo_nascar.jpg

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_LOGO_245x104.jpg

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_header100206red_198x76.jpg

a4x4cross.com_sitebuilder_images_MuddProLogo_172x99.jpg

a4x4cross.com_images_racinglogo_head.jpg

a4x4cross.com_images_redone_logo.jpg

Ok, maybe a dumb question but is DPG beginner friendly? Buddy and I want to come but both our rigs are pretty stock (my XJ is lifted on 32's and he has a YJ w/ 4.5 lift and 33's). Looked back at some of the pics from past events and most rigs I saw were alot stouter than ours. Planning on coming regardless, just wondering if we should bring the rigs or just drive up to watch. Thanks.

Depends on how far you want to push it, there is stuff there to play on, Redlyner and his wife brought out the H2 and had a lot of fun with it last time, and you don't have to do any of it if you get there and feel like its too much, plus then there also is the mud pit, and you can get it all scoped out for the ECORS race coming up in March, that's gonna be another sick one :smokin:

Trust me you def aren't gonna wanna miss any DPG events any time soon :driver:

Redlyner and his wife brought out the H2 and had a lot of fun with it last time,

Trust me you def aren't gonna wanna miss any DPG events any time soon :driver:

It's an H3!

My wife crawled around on several of the obstacles out there and had a blast. She will most likely be back out with us at the end of the month.

Back