DO NOT USE Low Range Off Road

UNCcrawler

If you are looking to buy parts for your samurai/tracker etc, save yourself some time and headache and order from another vendor. After placing an order on thursday morning at 10am NC time (8am mountain time, utah)(I wanted to place my order as early as possible) for several items I finally recived an email 3 BUSINESS days later telling me that they did not have one of the items in stock. To top that off it would be 1-2 weeks until they got the item in to ship to me, (I understand that, no problem) but they were going to hold the rest of my parts until the out of stock item came in. After calling Low Range about the email that I received three business days telling me my order would be two weeks tardy, the guy told me that they were three days behind on boxing stuff up to ship! Wow! I wish I had a business that was that busy! The attitude that went along with this less than satisfactory service was unneeded. The guy refunded my credit card for 10.00 dollars less than what the part cost, so I had to call back the next day and get that straightened out as well. Not trying to bash anyone or their business, other people just need to know what to expect when dealing with these clowns.

sounds like you need to use some local vendors instead....they can get pretty much everything lowrange sells

I'm surprised to hear this. I have placed MANY orders with Low Range Offroad over the years and have never had a problem.

I have ordered several items from them in the last few months, and havent had any problems. I did get the e-mail about them being a few days behind, but it didnt bother me.

I did have this problem with 2 different companies this year when trying to purchase a rifle-scope. I hate it when the online store lets you put something in your cart and checkout, then a day or two later they send you an email to let you know it has been backordered. Maybe its old-fashioned of me, but i think they should let you know about backorders up front.

i have also ordered many times with them in the past and weeled with them at zuu last year never had any problems and seemed like real nice guys to me

Sean and they guys at LowRange are great guys and i have used alot of their stuff and no issues, and will again!! also hung out with them during the Zu real wheelers that know their business!!

scared to death!!!!!

sounds like you need to use some local vendors instead....they can get pretty much everything lowrange sells

This, I have nothing against low range though. Used them before just took awhile for shit to get here.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

there is a high quality vendor in NC called Low range off road, I request a title change. no other comment besides that.

Low Range 4x4 is in Wilmington.

Low Range Off-Road is in Orem, UT, and specializes in Toyota and Samurai parts. I assume they are the subject of this thread, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, guess I am the lone Ranger when it comes to the experience Ive had with Low Range Off Road. After dealing with vendors like Ruff Stuff I guess Ive just came to expect a little better customer service than what I received from LROR. Sorry to have offended anyone, just sharing my personal experience.
Sounds like you are to me, and I'm fine with that. I just hate when stuff like this is said in this kind of post.
In reply to this post... if I am not mistaken when I read the "How to use the vendors and shop refferals" posting section it clearly says that it is to be used for reffering people to use a vendor or to post a complaint or problem that you have had with a company, shop, or vendor. If there is a more suitable place to post this kind of complaint, please direct me towards it.

In reply to this post... if I am not mistaken when I read the "How to use the vendors and shop refferals" posting section it clearly says that it is to be used for reffering people to use a vendor or to post a complaint or problem that you have had with a company, shop, or vendor. If there is a more suitable place to post this kind of complaint, please direct me towards it.
This is the right place to bash a company. He was just saying when you make a post bashing a company, don't say your intent is not to bash a company. The big bold DO NOT USE says that was your intent.

im not offended at all and hope i didnt offend you man!! i was just tossing my experience with the company in there, heck i won a set of case gears from these guys at the ZU one year, they get my loyalty at least for that, even though i have patronized them several times before and since with no issues

scared to death!!!!!

UNCcrawler, I am very sorry to hear about this. Our purpose in business is not to make people wait for parts- or not be up front about when something is on backorder. We do sincerely apologize and wish we could do something to make it up to you. I appreciate all the comments on the forums pertaining to our customer service. We do drop the ball sometimes, saying that we don't would mean that we are all perfect individuals.

We strive to be the best. Because we are 3 days in shipping at a time doesn't mean that we couldn't just throw everything in a box and hope it gets there- we want to make sure that what is shipped looks good as well when it gets to you. We can also send parts un-plated and non-powdercoated but we choose not to.

We were 3 days behind in shipping the last time because there was a sickness running through the shop and it seemed like the whole shipping department got it. We had some devoted employees that worked long hours to make up for the downed staff. The employees that were sick were asked to stay home until they got better. I have to give our shipping department a lot of credit because they work really hard and we all appreciate the hard work they put into their jobs.

Thanks Dave's for the kind words and thanks to all the people in this post that use us for their parts supplier. We hope that we always meet your expectations- and if we for some reason do not please let us know.

it is what it is. cant make everyone happy. Ive searched all week for a part for a cust. trying to get it here this week. went thru several vendors and the earliest ends up being the first of next week. sometimes its just out of your control

I just ordered a driveshaft adapter flange from these guys earlier. I called first to make sure the parts were I'm stock. Seemed like a pretty good guy on the phone. I'll update when i receive my parts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I just got the parts I ordered on Friday late afternoon. That's pretty quick imo. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ive ordered alot from low range and theyve been great

New to this site and found it by doing a Low Range Orem search.

Ordered a new replacement Nylatron Transfer Case Shifter Sheet for my Samurai the day after Christmas... selector locked in neutral.

Order arrived today... not quite 3 weeks from placing order with priority mail... 1-3 days

Problem is the shifter sheet sent is OEM and NOT Nylatron...

Should I use it or send it back and wait another couple of weeks to get what I ordered?

Emailed and left voice mail with Low Range this evening... hated missing two club events so far...

Last edited:
Back