Diesel or Gas???

Its here to stay, at least thats what we are being told.

We had our quarter meetings last week.
Supposedly the forecasters at Exxon global have 87 octane gas over $4/gal by Jan 1 with diesel still under $3

half of my post was a fix, the other was a genuine question. This is outrageous. I am only 21 and started driving on my 16th birthday and I think that it is sad that I can say, "When I first started driving gas was under $1."

It's still cheaper now than it was in 1981.

Inflation-adjusted, gas is cheaper now. That's just looking at the cost of a gallon of gasoline now vs a gallon of gasoline then.

If you look at fuel expenditures as a portion of household income and fuel expenditures as a portion of GDP, it's even cheaper.

Unfortunately my monthly gas bill is currently exceeding $1000.

But the company has decided that we all drive gas hogs, so they are buying us Cummins Rams supposedly and guving us fuel cards.

:bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Come on July 1.

I have even asked for 4x4 (volunteered to paya the difference) due to the jobsites we frequent.

niiice!

It's still cheaper now than it was in 1981.

Saw on the news the other night that we crossed that mark, when it it 3.19 average. Now we are at true record highs.

And that was the Iran-Iraq war in '81...at least there was an end to that.

I'd sworn off diesels (once the Ferd was gone) and was very actively looking for a gasser (just ask Yager!).

BUT, gas took a huge jump that week and the CTD was ripe for the pluckin'... plus it has a huge tank for "alternative fuel"! Whether it's bio, WVO, or SVO, I figured it'd be the only way I could afford to tow once gas hit $3/gal...

I wish Chevy would start making Duramax Suburbans. What is the average premium for the same vehicle in a diesel model, looks like around $3000 - $4000 used.

on fords its a 6800 dollar adder for the engine and then anothe 500(m)-1000(a) for the tranny

01 CTD

I just got a 01 ctd and u could not give me 2 gas trucks for my 01 CTD it is geting about 22mpg@265 a gal gas towrigs sucks

This weekend getting the tranny tweaked & 366 spring installed:

First 250-ish miles = 18.5mpg (1/3 was city, AC on, and MUCH romping of the smoke pedal)

Last 60miles = 21mpg all highway (AC on and was pretty easy on it

This weekend getting the tranny tweaked & 366 spring installed:
First 250-ish miles = 18.5mpg (1/3 was city, AC on, and MUCH romping of the smoke pedal)
Last 60miles = 21mpg all highway (AC on and was pretty easy on it

now just tweak the throttle linkage a bit and have fun...:D

Greg

Back