Diesel Filter ?

Could be filters, could be a bunch of other things.

Filters are the cheapest thing to start with.

Year? Make? Miles?

more than likely you have no boost,

6.5 TD, correct ?

check that the vacuum pump sucks, if it does, next go to the waste gate solinoid, if it has no vacuum on the turbo side of the solinoid it needs to be replaced.

The vacuum pump draws on the waste gate at the turbo, when max boost is reached, the solinoid vents and releases the vacuum on the wastegate, thus venting boost in the turbo.

If there is no vacuum, the waste gate is open by default and you will not develop boost at all, resulting in black smoke from the exhaust (unburned fuel/soot) .

This is how it works stock on this engine, and is problematic, the wastegate solinoid dies, the vacuum pump dies, or both are gone.

You probably have an "S" engine (8th digit of VIN ) which means it has EGR and probably a CAT, there are 2 solinoids on the drivers side of intake mounted to the valve cover, one is for EGR valve, the other is waste gate, If I remember right, the orange vacuum line is supply from the pump, the black to their respective devices. the lines get brittle and break, just replace them with small diameter vacuum hose.

Even better would be to find a NON EGR intake and swap it in ( from an "F" engine ) only differance is the control circut for the EGR solinoid and the intake/EGR valve, the engines are identical otherwise.

Changing the vacuum pump is much like chaning a PS pump, but easier, save for having to have the pulley pulled and pressed off and on.

when my filter clogs it is hesitation when i hit the gas that lets me know to change fuel filter

Back