DANG THEIVES!

trailjeepman

I woke up this morning to the tool boxes on my truck sitting wide open. Walk out to see what was missing......Ummmm.....Dewalt power drill, tool bag full of hand tools, and my 200 piece socket set. I fix vending machines for a living and these are the tools that I need to do my job. What the hell am I supposed to do now? If anyone wants to get rid of some tools, just let me know! I hate a thief! Get a job you looser. This couldnt have happened at a worse time. Ex-wife fighting me in court, Christmas, having to replace a tranny, and now no tools. This freakin sucks!

Sorry....Had to vent for a minute! Let me find the man!

EF-IN SOB's !!!!

Did you call the cops and have a report made? If so your insurance Auto/Home may cover it.....

Ditto - you'll have to face a deductable, but insurrance wil lcover it. Auto if you have comprehensive, home if not.

It may be a drop in the bucket, but I have soem extra stuff I'd be willing to lend for a good long while, soem spares I don't need - nothing fancy since I'm an "evening DIYer"... but lets see, I know I have an extra 1/4 and 3/8" socket wrenches, whole set of 1/2" drive impacts (and adapter), SAE box-end wrenches, 1/4"small sockets, some other stuff. Unfortunately I'm in Winston though.

Nathan,

Same shit happened to me about this same time last year. Do you have a paypal address? I would be willing to send you $20 to help ya get back what you lost. For me, it was the irreplaceable tools that had sentimental value that I miss the most..

Kevin

Sorry to hear about that Nathan. I would look into filing an insurance claim as CRK said

It may be a drop in the bucket, but I have soem extra stuff I'd be willing to lend for a good long while...

Unfortunately I'm in Winston though.

Ditto bro... I have some duplicates also... Craftsman Socket sets and a couple of drills that need batteries... yours if you can use them! :beer:

Nathan,
Same shit happened to me about this same time last year. Do you have a paypal address? I would be willing to send you $20 to help ya get back what you lost. For me, it was the irreplaceable tools that had sentimental value that I miss the most..
Kevin

theres some americans on here:beer:

Ditto here Nathan. If you are my way I would be happy to lend you some till you can replace them. This does suck big time. Tiss the season, for more than just Christmas.

Same here. i have some extras, you have even already used a few...

As I remember, isn't your F-150 a work owned truck? They may have insurance, too.

I tell you what! I was having a very sucky day until I got back here to get online and saw all the responses. You guys made me feel 100 times better about the world as it is. I may get back with some of you about the loaners. I really appreciate the kindness! I did call the PoPo. Ofcourse they really cant do much unless they accidently catch someone. I am going around to all the pawn shops this afternoon to do some investigative work myself and to put the word out. Hopefully something will turn up.

Thanks again guys! Happy Holidays!

I am going around to all the pawn shops this afternoon to do some investigative work myself and to put the word out. Hopefully something will turn up.
Thanks again guys! Happy Holidays!

it may be a stretch...but would probably be worth your while to browse Ebay sometime in the next couple days...

just look for some of the bigger items, and search relative to your zip...

Greg

The problem is.... honestly.... if anything DOES show up at said flea market - is it marked so you can prove it's yours?

around here (Sanford), stuff is showing up in Fayetteville/Spring Lake pawn shops a few weeks to six months after being ripped off. Stinking theives know to sit on it a while.

it may be a stretch...but would probably be worth your while to browse Ebay sometime in the next couple days...
just look for some of the bigger items, and search relative to your zip...
Greg

Ditto. A lady around the corner from me had her house ramsacked of nice jewelry. She searched E-bay and actually found her stuff herself. Turns out the guy that stole it lived about 6 doors down

around here (Sanford), stuff is showing up in Fayetteville/Spring Lake pawn shops a few weeks to six months after being ripped off. Stinking theives know to sit on it a while.

I'd just guess they'd move a little quicker our the holidays trying to get some Christmas cash...

:shaking: :shaking:

Greg

Same thing happened to me last year, had $3500 worth stolen out of my LOCKED tool box. Popo was of little use, they caught someone who was pulling similar crimes in the area, and called it case closed, doubt the dicks that got us were involved with that.
Going to a Pawn shop, DO NOT tell them you are looking for stolen, you'll get a song and dance about how THEY are trying to improve thier image and don't deal in such goods any more. ( Pawn shop I went to almost had a cow that I would even THINK to stop there looking for my stuff and I got a whole dog and pony show about it. :shaking: )
Wait a week or so, ( your stuff was marked right ? ) and go looking for it on the shelves. if you happen to find it, THEN notify Popo, and let them handle it.
I'm still recovering from my loss last year, and have pretty much moved on.
It sucks, and is a pain in the ass, but you will survive.

If ya have anything specific you need, shout, I may have an extra or something I'm not using.

I don't have a lot of tools but I got some extra wrenches, sockets and ratchets I can give you. Just have to pick them up. I know it is a haul for you though. Normally i would be able to give some cash to help but I can't now since I am being forced out of the military. let me know if I can help.

Doug

With power tools - When you buy them - write down the serial #. You'll have some proof if you can find them later. Like someone said - if you go to a pawn shop don't tell them you're looking for stolen stuff. Most Pawn shops are still crooked as hell. After stolen the police are supposed to register these stolen serial #'s and when a pawn broker gets this stuff they are to register the serial #'s. Like I said a lot of pawn shops are crooked and can fudge #'s but I did recover a stolen gun after 4 years. It turned up in Wisconsin. I'm sorry dude I absolutely hate a theif.

With power tools - When you buy them - write down the serial #. You'll have some proof if you can find them later. Like someone said - if you go to a pawn shop don't tell them you're looking for stolen stuff. Most Pawn shops are still crooked as hell. After stolen the police are supposed to register these stolen serial #'s and when a pawn broker gets this stuff they are to register the serial #'s. Like I said a lot of pawn shops are crooked and can fudge #'s but I did recover a stolen gun after 4 years. It turned up in Wisconsin. I'm sorry dude I absolutely hate a theif.

...and I have my DL number engraved on a lot of mine...

Greg

Well it looks like I am pretty much screwed. I went to all the pawn shops in the area yesterday. I looked around on the shelves and nothing. I did talk to a couple of the owners. The guy at the first shop was very helpful and seemed honest. He wrote down what I was missing and said that if anyone brought the stuff in, he would stall them and call the police. But the other places seemed to be very dishonest. After I told one guy what I was missing, I asked if he would call the police and he said no! Just let me go in there again and find my stuff on the shelf.....I'm gonna have him arrested! But I did find out that by law they have to keep things "behind the counter" for 10 days if they buy it and 90 days if they loan money on it. So we will see what happens. Anyway......thanks again so much for all your offers!

most company insurance doesn't cover worker's personal tools. Usually, when hired on, it is in the employee manual stating they are not responsible for tool loss/damage/theft...

Comprehensive will cover damage to the vehicle, however, homeowners will cover items that were missing. Sounds odd, but thats how it was handled with my tools on my Jeep a few years ago...

good luck.

list what tools you absoutley need and I may be able to send some extras your way. I was planning on getting rid of some anyway

X2, list, I've got some odds and ends around from 25 years as a line tech. I also have a older dewalt 12v drill, case, 2 batterys and charger you can have. I'm about 45 min. from Burlington heading towards Raleigh. The dewalt is semi retired as it got replaced with a 1/2 chuck snap on I won.

To steal anything is complete bullshit...to steal the tools someone uses to make his living is beyond belief for me. :shaking: Hate to hear it man...I went through the same thing earlier this year with ~$1800 worth of metalworking crap and tools being stolen. Good luck and if you find out anything post it up.

Back