D60/D50 help/advise....(never thought this would happen!!)

you keep stepping up sizes, you know its imminent, why not run down to delks in asheboro, pick up a set of rockwells for like $1500 and throw them under your rig.

you keep stepping up sizes, you know its imminent, why not run down to delks in asheboro, pick up a set of rockwells for like $1500 and throw them under your rig.
good point i guess but in all reality, for what I desire out of this hobby and what I like to do, D60s on nothing bigger than 39s will be more than enough for anything I will ever want to do. I'm not like most where I will go and tackle some of these crazy trails even if I had a rig capable...it's just not my liking (my family plays a big role in this, even with a legit roll cage down the road). I just want the 60s for simple fact that they will handle anything I will throw at it in their stock form without worrying about breaking...even more so now with a winch. The amount of abuse that these D44s have taken (and I have not been easy on them by no means) I have only broken 1 and that was the ujoint being so small.
Gonna be probably winter though before I do this swap since I don't have the time right now to do it or the motivation lol...this jeep performs really well, way better than ever expected, this my current setup so if I utilize the winch like I should I ought to be able to keep it brake-free LOL, at least I hope .....

theres a late model dodge ton truck at HCORE4x4...

I just want the 60s for simple fact that they will handle anything I will throw at it in their stock form without worrying about breaking...even more so now with a winch. .

Not necessarily. The 30 spline outer shafts are not much different than D44 outer shafts. It is common for people to break the 30 spline outer shafts with just 38.5" tires. The shaft itself breaks, not at the joint. When it does, it can cause damage to the spindle requiring it to be replaced too.

Not necessarily. The 30 spline outer shafts are not much different than D44 outer shafts. It is common for people to break the 30 spline outer shafts with just 38.5" tires. The shaft itself breaks, not at the joint. When it does, it can cause damage to the spindle requiring it to be replaced too.

I thought he was looking at the late-model unit bearing axles, but your point is absolutely true from a more generalized perspective.

Point well taken. When ready I'll be searching for the dodge D60 that has unit bearings I hope but looks to be winter time before the swap.

again, theres a F&R matching set at HCORE4x4 still in a later model dodge

duh,,,

Back