D300 electronics

Elliott

What would be a decent way to tie in the speed sensors and other electronics into the D300? I was thinking drilling and tapping a hole into the tailshaft of the case and transplanting it over but wouldn't know the exact details, locations, etc. Only reason I care is that I need my OBDII stuff to work and I've had wierd tranny shifting issues when my speed sensors (input at least) were fawked up. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: this is replacing a 242 in a 98 ZJ.

you can get adaptors for the to attach the mechanical speedo to the VSS sensor. Just serch the web or call Advanced Adaptors they should know where to get one. also try a search on Pirate

ya the GM sender is the same and will fit a D300 (long tail) just swap your gears, also there were very few years and models that had a mechaical hook up AND the vss output. 90ish cop cars had them optioned.. IIRC but they were $$$ or there are a few aftermarket.. If you don't need a mechanical your all set..

I would recomend giving Andy at carolina rock shop a call. He helped me out when I was looking for a speedo gear for my d300.

Hesco offers one for the OBDI set up. I am not sure if they have one for the OBD II system. You can ask them on their website, and they will get back to you pretty quickly, or just call them and ask for Bennie. Bennie is the jeep guru.

Back