Cv-400 Lincoln mig welder.

C.Berry

Bad News
What's these machines worth? Got a guy wanting to trade for my Lincoln idealarc 250!? I don't care for mig really I know it has its place and all, but not my thing only reason I'm selling my idealarc is bc I want a more mobile welder and at 330lbs it's not this one!!! lol didn't know if the mig machines were worth more I told him I wasn't interested if it didn't sell this week I'd keep it for backup or something to trade with later on... but curious if they are more desirable than my 1987 stick! It's a 05 model cv-400 values new at $4700 but so did the idealarc in 1990...

There's a few on eBay in the $1500-3000 range, but also two in the $500-700 range. I'd say in good condition with gun, wirefeeder, cart and tank, somewhere around $1000. Just the power supply more like $500.

The CV400s MSRP is anywhere from 6800 to 7800 with the wire feed, regulator, and gun. Of course, that's for a new one. It's a little big, but I don't see how you could lose on that deal. The 250 goes for like 2500 just from a quick search. Just depends on what you want. If nothing else, you could trade, sell the 400, and get what you really want.

As an aside, I couldn't imagine using a stick welder for all of my welding needs...there's just so many places it wouldn't fit!

The CV400s MSRP is anywhere from 6800 to 7800 with the wire feed, regulator, and gun. Of course, that's for a new one. It's a little big, but I don't see how you could lose on that deal. The 250 goes for like 2500 just from a quick search. Just depends on what you want. If nothing else, you could trade, sell the 400, and get what you really want.

As an aside, I couldn't imagine using a stick welder for all of my welding needs...there's just so many places it wouldn't fit!
This is true and I'm gonna have to suck it up and use a mig on some stuff but I had planned on just getting a stick/tig and tig all the hard to reach spots! I Couldn't justify adding tig to the idealarc when I can't make it mobile and no garage to store it in while using...

That thing weighs more than the idealarc 250 I thought it was smaller... Says it's 475lb with everything any real benefit of having a mig welder that big?? Longevity? are they high to maintenance?

It's basically an industrial machine...not exactly a homeowner's setup.

It's just the power supply he has so I believe I'm gonna just keep the stick an eventually set it up for scratch tig I may pick up a Hobart 140 mig latercthis year just bc I need to learn on it anyway!

Thanks fellas!!

Back