CUTLERFAB SHOP THREAD

Your fine buddy, I started the fire, lol.

Here is an 05 up beam

1a3e8f330335e93322f0759390a9dd4a.jpg

37999d1df33d018d289f188f72b22d6f.jpg

1c8e7a7926b7293bee5007f07422a25e.jpg

Aw4 right?

4c8b2dce798ecfecc519ee8532b14f88.jpg

831b0e379f7f0080d26185f70d958984.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Awesome I’ll take the aw4, and 2 of the 05 up 60s if we can get the price down reasonable with a bulk order lol.

I’ll hold off for now on the 2 wd beams as buying 8 lug UB would probably equal the price of the 60s.

Thanks

I’d be interested in an 05+ 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never know what kinda gold you're going to find when you check this thread! Little late to the party, but I need 14 bolt shafts, old school housing SRW. A th400 core, 2wd or 4wd wouldn't hurt either.

Any 99-04 60's in there? If so, PM me a price. If not, still PM me a price on the 05+ lol

Turns out, he sells 99-04 pretty regular and isn't interested in lotting them out cheap.

So 05 up housings will be the go to in this buy.

So far I have about 12 fronts requested, and a couple matching rears. If everyone would kindly chime back in for 05 up axles please.

I have this at home now. You still want this stretch? It is 2wd previously mated to the 6.5 diesel.

Certainly. When you head out there and happen to see a 4500, scoop it and I'll work it out with ya. I don't mean dump a $600+ tab on me (I'm pretty good at doing that by myself) but I will buy a GM envy 4500 in a heartbeat.

None on the premises, sorry my friend.

I’m curious about

05 up 60’s
4wd aw4
4l80 or even better 6l80/90 or Allison :grinpimp:

They have any 6.2/6l80 combos around? ( in Dave Chappell’s voice)

What case is needed to SAS a 2500 gas or duramax @Croatan_Kid

Stretch also wanted a 4l80e 2wd, waiting confirmation.
And @ghost chimed in first on the 4wd aw4, unfortunately there was only 1. Waiting on confirmation from you both.

I do have a 2015 2wd 6l80, low miles here at home, I've been hoarding for myself... but I have two, if your interested in one. I did not buy it in a scrap buy though.

Yea I'd love an extra AX-15 or even the 3550 or 4500 if cheap enough. Boggles my mind those NP435's transmissions getting scrapped. I would have thought they would be sold to a re-builder.

You were first, but mac5005 wants the aw4 if your not getting it.

There were no ax15.

Never know what kinda gold you're going to find when you check this thread! Little late to the party, but I need 14 bolt shafts, old school housing SRW. A th400 core, 2wd or 4wd wouldn't hurt either.

They will not part out viable whole units; additionally I didn't see any 2wd 14's in the racks.

I have one other who spoke up for the th400 4wd. Your 2nd inline.

Again, role call on 05 up super 60's and any rears needed, please. (My rough count is 12 f , 2 r.

Trying to get them as cheap as possible, but please consider this will be a completely separate trip to retrieve them; meaning 8hrs travel/labor - loading/ unloading (traveling with my big flatbed, with no room to purchase other commodities to share expenses), and a little more than a full tank of fuel, so there must be a little margin in there for time and expenses.

Thanks everyone!

Been going along on aluminum for Sam's buggy.

Getting the Everlast 250ex, tuned in to weld up the fuel cell.

Constantly learning and making steps towards being an all around proficient metal melter.

I was having some contamination and peppering issues... but got those worked out.

You can see the trash in the starts...

529f9ed3107be064ae0037c8ed6aae27.jpg

1f891d6b8eb77fce01adf4d7c9ec4c3e.jpg

940c0523e3d8e17947ccfdb07fc8e637.jpg

So I tried just a fusion weld to eliminate the factor of the material, as you can see, good clean fusion... which tells me the material is clean and left me with contaminated filler.

a81c050b2a12423bbdef202c34ed568e.jpg

01cf7b1b2ee2b81de091bedc1c12276f.jpg

Still peppering in the starts after doing additional cleaning of filler...

2b66c64f91174b222a652a761d0ce4e2.jpg

9353bee44ce6bf950f360c1e13ec972a.jpg

So, I did some more cleaning of filler, and switched up from ceriated and a regular collet and #5 ceramics , to a #5 gas saver and 2% lanthanated. All the while maintaining 128 amps, 30% en, 75 hz and 15 cfh.

I think it's ironed out now and ready to lay some dimes on the 1/8 aluminum, open corner joints of the fuel cell.

ae80260e79f2ba076a70cad2ee335649.jpg

ee0639d6eff86a4eb06fe9345c0a9194.jpg

e3e47c90e2dfaec668e336579d0270db.jpg

Edges prepped, mocked up, ready to lay out weld in bungs, filler neck, fuel sump, vent/roll over, and mounting pucks. Ended up being just over 12 gallons capacity.

9ff909000a79ff120bdb80247948bd7a.jpg

2bbd65ff018dc6078e38010764aec0d2.jpg

Btw; I had my material sheared and bent locally, my machines won't handle 1/8 aluminum. But I mis-labled the bend angle....
So I said wth, loaded the material in the baliegh magnetic brake..25" long mind you, and it worked effortlessly. Also used it as a work holder and skill saw guide to re-trim the piece!

CutlerFab

good research on the peppering....cleaning action helps carry that away in the cathotic etching. The really picky folks (cough, cough maybe you do this) store everything consumable, torch, and material separate and isolated from anything steel related. I've been known to wipe down my filler. Higher hertz seems to cause faster freezing trapping some contaminates. I have found that welding on say used radiators or cast aluminum car parts I use a low hertz, clean sheet and relatively thinner gauge work(except dirty radiators) i use an average of 120 Hertz. Hertz really helps focus the pool but also effects the cleaning to a point. I see it as fast agitation vs. slow steady stirring. Cathotic etching actually latches onto the trash and oxidation in the AC wave. The polarity switch literally lifts it away from the pool and brings it into the cup. In this part of the arc it is either burned away or resides in the cup......all that powdery residue in a ceramic cup after much use: oxidation and trash. Adjusting the cleaning action is directly adjusting the percent and sometimes the direct value of DCEN vs DCEP current in the sine wave form we call AC. Some machines are set to adjust penetration, some cleaning but this balance is exactly what is being tweaked.

good research on the peppering....cleaning action helps carry that away in the cathotic etching. The really picky folks (cough, cough maybe you do this) store everything consumable, torch, and material separate and isolated from anything steel related. I've been known to wipe down my filler. Higher hertz seems to cause faster freezing trapping some contaminates. I have found that welding on say used radiators or cast aluminum car parts I use a low hertz, clean sheet and relatively thinner gauge work(except dirty radiators) i use an average of 120 Hertz. Hertz really helps focus the pool but also effects the cleaning to a point. I see it as fast agitation vs. slow steady stirring. Cathotic etching actually latches onto the trash and oxidation in the AC wave. The polarity switch literally lifts it away from the pool and brings it into the cup. In this part of the arc it is either burned away or resides in the cup......all that powdery residue in a ceramic cup after much use: oxidation and trash. Adjusting the cleaning action is directly adjusting the percent and sometimes the direct value of DCEN vs DCEP current in the sine wave form we call AC. Some machines are set to adjust penetration, some cleaning but this balance is exactly what is being tweaked.
Turns out, he sells 99-04 pretty regular and isn't interested in lotting them out cheap.

So far I have about 12 fronts requested, and a couple matching rears. If everyone would kindly chime back in for 05 up axles please.

I have this at home now. You still want this stretch? It is 2wd previously mated to the 6.5 diesel.

And @ghost chimed in first on the 4wd aw4, unfortunately there was only 1. Waiting on confirmation from you both.

I do have a 2015 2wd 6l80, low miles here at home, I've been hoarding for myself... but I have two, if your interested in one. I did not buy it in a scrap buy though.

There were no ax15.

They will not part out viable whole units; additionally I didn't see any 2wd 14's in the racks.

Again, role call on 05 up super 60's and any rears needed, please. (My rough count is 12 f , 2 r.

Trying to get them as cheap as possible, but please consider this will be a completely separate trip to retrieve them; meaning 8hrs travel/labor - loading/ unloading (traveling with my big flatbed, with no room to purchase other commodities to share expenses), and a little more than a full tank of fuel, so there must be a little margin in there for time and expenses.

Thanks everyone!

I'll take a front and rear!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes. I keep everything separate, and I have designated tungsten for aluminum and steel (tip from Michael Furick I learned in his class) of course ss brushes for aluminum only. Everything gets an acetone bath. All my filler is alcotec brand. My box of 1/8 is dated 2014, so it gets scrubbed with red scotchbrite and acetone.

I was having much better luck in the lower frequency range. I was getting concerned as I was playing with balance, as I was seeing no etching on the outside corners in any range. But once I started practicing the insides, it was showing up.

Everything seemed to work better on warm material. All the cold starts were a little crusty. Which is just the opposite when I'm welding .063 at 125 hz.

Everything seemed to work better on warm material. All the cold starts were a little crusty. Which is just the opposite when I'm welding .063 at 125 hz.
On a regular basis I could not tell you what I run a lot of my .120 aluminum at......or relatively any of it unless its really a thick and thin or picky piece.

180 amps on my Dynasty, when it was available 220 on a 300 AMP MACHINE. About 120 hertz and 60 percent on the cleaning.

My philosophy has always been smack it hard with the go pedal to get it going and clean then settle out and travel. Great starts, less heat soak, better travel speed. Steel was always a polar opposite....creep up to puddle size maintain and go.

Stainless is still my weakness, therefor I pull out all the tricks and usually end up with a specific pulse set up.

There were no ax15.

Thanks everyone!

I'm interested in 2- 05+ fronts. Maybe a few more depending on price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

05 60s

Well, got down to brass tacks today with my customer on the axles. Keep in mind this is a high end salvage yard that frequently has upwards of 6-10k in their wrecked, ton trucks, and they have no issues getting prime dollar for their equipment, either local or on the network. And I respect their practices, because they've been successful longer than I've been alive. It works for them.

That said, the best I could get on 10 fronts is 400 each (complete hub to hub and calipers.. and control arms...) ... my price. Bear in mind that doesn't include my 8 hours and a tank of fuel. And I certainly don't want to sit on that cash if they're not spoken for.

I want to pass on a good deal to everyone and take care of myself, but I'm not certain that buy in price will get us there. (Fortunately I don't need a set, I have a nice set with sub 100k miles I've been waiting to land in a personal project.... for two years now.)

I'd venture that $460 is the best I could do. (Don't have a price on the rear yet). It's not going to hurt my feelings if there are no takers, but I'm happy to carry out if there are.

Scotty, ghost said the aw4 is yours.
Still have the th400 4x4, 4l80 2x4, and a 6l80 2x4, if anyone is still interested in those.

Thanks guys.

Matt

I’ll take an 05+ front for that... if you get enough buyers involved. I’ll ask around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any parts needs right now, but I have been following this thread.

I have to say, @mcutler is a stand up guy to take all these orders, from a public forum, WITHOUT cash in hand, sift through 100's of axles, trans and t-cases to pick and choose what members have requested, negotiate best price, ALL for only a 15% mark up (which largely is only to cover expenses).

And on top of that, he had the decency to clutter his own MAGICIAN, MAD SKILLS, thread :huggy:

Cheers @mcutler :beer:

Depending on timing and when you need the cash my son needs a 60 for his MJ project. I'll ask him if he is interested. If this happens after I file taxes and see I don't owe.... I'm definitely in for one at that price.

Pound for pound, with the transfer cases he's probably getting more money for them than scrap....if I had to guess. I could be wrong though.

I'd still do an 05+ front for $460 if it includes the control arms. Steering would be a good bonus too since it's going back in a super duty.

I don't have any parts needs right now, but I have been following this thread.

I have to say, @mcutler is a stand up guy to take all these orders, from a public forum, WITHOUT cash in hand, sift through 100's of axles, trans and t-cases to pick and choose what members have requested, negotiate best price, ALL for only a 15% mark up (which largely is only to cover expenses).

And on top of that, he had the decency to clutter his own MAGICIAN, MAD SKILLS, thread :huggy:

Cheers @mcutler [emoji481]

Thank you. I've known the owner since i was 18, and he's been my customer since the first day I went in business in 2006; In the end, it helps my customer get a better price, helps me with a slightly better margin, and hopefully helps some like minded off roaders get some useful parts at a fair price.

Bonus, I get to meet more members here face to face, away from the screen.

Depending on timing and when you need the cash my son needs a 60 for his MJ project. I'll ask him if he is interested. If this happens after I file taxes and see I don't owe.... I'm definitely in for one at that price.

Ten four, see below.

Pound for pound, with the transfer cases he's probably getting more money for them than scrap....if I had to guess. I could be wrong though.

That is correct. For the record this is what I paid my customer. With add on top a 3-4 cent margin on everything except tcases and transmissions. I bought them with one penny margin. He let me take the good transmission cores; of which only one is spoken for; so that particular trip is a dud, made enough to cover fuel and lunch. Transfer cases, thanks to you, I'll make a little.

I got the extra 3-4 pennies by bartering with my buyer, as I advertised supplying him with nearly 80k lbs net of scrap aluminum, in a 3 week span.

I average transfer cases at 80 lbs. So they net me less than $20 each. Transmissions usually avg 160 lbs with no torque converter, so they net $20 bill.

3fc6ce122a694547d56e8837eea2d202.jpg

I'd still do an 05+ front for $460 if it includes the control arms. Steering would be a good bonus too since it's going back in a super duty.

Thanks guys.

I'll post an axle wish list tonight, to be certain I haven't forgotten anyone.

Putting down some drops of alloy love on the Winget buggy fuel cell. Bottom sump, rearward facing, baffled, return and rollover valve top center. Neck goes on tomorrow.

Just a tick over 12 gallons.

771b9418633f0e0d8ef238423cce3075.jpg

6b064fb10eec9d3616d678576b62e0be.jpg

74da776aeeec1b14a61a494050b47e14.jpg

0c627a375fd5da8b1bbbcf0af4c391e2.jpg

961e900254b8ebb97ec10a03d3a4b475.jpg

61f1a50973574cd377a2d3f05c0656d4.jpg

ceb4aec94de7886fcbb8a46aa1955bb9.jpg

c7c78d1caff29bc6d17e30b431261ff8.jpg

8409aee2d50cd30c270955ec0444a5e1.jpg

CutlerFab