Cruise Control

Ricky B

Wiiide Open
Ok is there any reason I should keep the cruise control on the blazer (1994 s10 blazer w/ 4.3 vortec) I'm trying to get rid of all the unneccesary items from the engine bay since im tubing it up front and there will be nobodywork other then a dovetailed hood. I bet it won't even work with the abs stuff gone, i pulled that stuff today. So yea just let me know if i should keep it for any reason otherwise its getting pulled.

I'd think about keeping the cable/linkage under the hood and running some sort of throttle lock. It would allow you to keep the engine at a high idle. If you have an auto or no winch i guess it'd be useless

jrraw23 said:
hmm interesting idea, but i mean pretty much all wiches come with the remote that hooks to it so I don't really have an intrest in trying to rig it to the cruise control so i guess i'll just pull it. Thanks for the info thou.

:shaking: Once you have ever used or watched a rig with internal winch controls, you'll wonder how you ever got by without it. But I wouldn't pay $$ for some kind of kit. takes 2 switches and some wire.

Tru, but there still remains the fact that you have to get out to hook the winch to something anyway, then once your ready to go all you have to do is hold the control in your hand while driving anyway since they all come with enough wire to sit in the driver seat and operate it. Course I guess you could make the spotter get out and do all that while you just sit there, I mean heck youre given them a ride anyway they aught to go hook up your winch for you! lol

95% of the time I'm not the one who hooks my cable. Typically when I'm in a situations where I'm pulling myself, I'm in a position where I can't just hop out.

Or, whatever.. best of luck finding your Lego blocks.

Back