crackers neck?

stone

anybody wanna set some dates and do this. i am doin tellico again may 12 so i wanna run april, like mid april?

what exactly is the terrain like at cracker's neck? I'm looking to get out of the confines of Uwharrie even though its a good set of trails, they start to get lame after awhile.

Puma297 said:
what exactly is the terrain like at cracker's neck? I'm looking to get out of the confines of Uwharrie even though its a good set of trails, they start to get lame after awhile.

Fairly tight trails, big rocks, you would be fine on the majority of the trails, there are bypasses to most of the hard stuff. Last time I went, the only thing I HAD to go up with the group I was with was Little Tellico, and it was a challenge for an unlocked rig, but depending on the day you might make it you might not. I eventually made it, after blowing a valvestem and putting the spare on. And with lots of skinny pedal.

Tacoma747 said:
Fairly tight trails, big rocks, you would be fine on the majority of the trails, there are bypasses to most of the hard stuff. Last time I went, the only thing I HAD to go up with the group I was with was Little Tellico, and it was a challenge for an unlocked rig, but depending on the day you might make it you might not. I eventually made it, after blowing a valvestem and putting the spare on. And with lots of skinny pedal.

sounds good. i'm not a big fan of body damage on my DD but i've pretty much come to terms with it, it happens. should be getting my front locked within the next month, school is time consuming.

Where abouts is cracker's neck? Public or private?

I don't care. If the weather is nice camping would be good. Like to keep it as cheap as possible. Definately count me in for that weekend.

tempoffroad said:
will go if i can get my locker in my jeep i want to go see what its like :flipoff2:
I thought you had the Hobart locker? The trails are to hard you'll never make it.....rockwells and 44's just aren't enough.. you just want to make the rest of us look puney. :flipoff2:

22-23 sounds good to me, as long as the new water pump is in and done i will be there. is this a one day ride the whole place deal? or it takes 2 days to see it all?

IMO callentee(sp?) is not much to look at or ride, crackers neck is the better part, and you can do it all in one day unless something breaks or the group is too big. bring the buggy, it will be fun...

I would possibly be in for going up on the 22 (probably arrive late and camp), wheeling on the 23rd, and coming home that evening. Or I may just come up on the 23rd for the day.

I would like to do Welder (waterfall and any other obstacle), and Little Tellico, after that I am up for anything, but would prefer to go to Crackers Neck since I have only been there once for a short ride.

stone said:
22-23 sounds good to me, as long as the new water pump is in and done i will be there. is this a one day ride the whole place deal? or it takes 2 days to see it all?

So you're not going to compete this year?

I'm new here but I would like to go to crackers neck with yall if you don't mind. I live about 45min from there. I should be able to make it over for a day. I also am shooting a documentary about 4wheelin for a class and need more fottage so this is a good chance if yall don't mind me filming you wheelin.

Back