Coyote, fox, or dog?

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
My neighbor snapped this picture yesterday of an animal in his back yard. We live right in Winston-Salem in a fairly populated area.

Is this a young coyote, or fox, or just a dog? I can't tell. What are your thoughts?

Sorry for the crappy pic, he took it with his phone. I am gonna up load the pic with in different pixels to see if one is better.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373232451.728773.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373232474.541076.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373232494.016603.jpg

I think coyodog....mix. More and more of them.

Coyote, no doubt about it. Ours are more grey than brown up this way but I have seen enough of them to be sure,

Oh, btw, shoot it.

(first, is that a house back behind there??)

I am in the city limits, so I would like go shoot it but afraid of someone calling the cops

Call my friend Aaron Burris..He's ''the critter cop'' you may have heard him on rock 92..he does funny call ins as part of his advertisement AKA Piedmont wildlife 336-480-6829 tell him I sent ya!

Get some better pictures and positively identify it first. Looks like somebody's pet unless proven otherwise, and I'd hate it if my favorite funny looking dog got shot by a neighbor.

Get some better pictures and positively identify it first. Looks like somebody's pet unless proven otherwise, and I'd hate it if my favorite funny looking dog got shot by a neighbor.

I agree with Matt.
Shoot my dog and i will shoot you.
Waiting for my posts to get deleted, again.

well you better put your funny looking dog up then :flipoff2: zI would shoot the shit outta that thing in my yard!!

well you better put your funny looking dog up then :flipoff2: zI would shoot the shit outta that thing in my yard!!
We regularly get told our dog looks like a coyote, and it only bothers me because it mildly worries me since we do have coyotes in our area.
High Falls.jpg
Yard.jpg
Creek.jpg

But depending on the facial expression, shes about the cutest dog ever:
Triple Falls.jpg

My vote is a young coyote, or a fox coyote mix. That ain't no dog...

Matt, people apparently don't know what a coyote looks like, cause your dog looks nothing like one...

That said, we get everything from wolf (people apparently don't know what wolves look like either), st Bernard, husky malamute, Anatolian shepard, Caucasian mtn dog, etc etc. Those are the most common but I can't think of all the wrong guesses... (Great Pyrenees mom, mutt shepard/husky dad)

Attachments

• IMG_20130421_184544_039-1.jpg
    IMG_20130421_184544_039-1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 221
I can take care of those coyotes for you Matt.
We actually don't see/have any on our side of the creek, but I hear them on the other side and they are real active near my parents house a mile down the road.

What 747 said. OP's photo looks like a coyote or coydog, Matt's looks like neither.

We have the same problems here in DT Raleigh... Coyotes and/or coydogs or coywolves (and foxes)... People don't know what they look like or how they behave.

Also, I saw a guy walking a wolf/husky hybrid last week... No mistaking Sarge for a wolf, either.

I was just messin with you Matt, but your dog would be safe around the house unless he was killing chickens, and i stick with my previous statement, i would shoot the animal in the op

I was just messin with you Matt, but your dog would be safe around the house unless he was killing chickens, and i stick with my previous statement, i would shoot the animal in the op
Its cool, its just that
afbcdn_sphotos_h_a.akamaihd.net_hphotos_ak_ash3_p480x480_934108_492917630763409_524797074_n.png

Young yote in sumer coat. being out in the open like that in tlhe daytime means he is VERY hungry or sick. I shoot every one i see. Dawn things will wipe out fawns and turkeys in no time. There are ways to get rid of all of them. Burlap and blood, works every time.

Back