country song ideas

EtodaJ

ok folks Im trying to help a friend out. He is writing songs and needs some insperation. He needs title or subject ideas.....help me help him. btw the guy lives between Boston and NYC so his surrounding arent helping with inspiration.

Trucks, women, alcohol, dirt roads, and creek banks. That's what all the "cool" country singers sing about these days.

Last edited:
Country now is just "corporate pop"

Sounds like he should move... the rest will come naturally.

In the words of "The Hag"

All he needs is 3 chords and the truth.

In the words of "The Hag"

All he needs is 3 chords and the truth.
The truth???? Lets not clutter our minds w any truth.The truth is in short supply the days.

The words and inspiration should come from within. What inspires me or you might not inspire him. It's like when you had to write papers in school. If the subject was something you liked, the paper was probably better than one about a topic you didn't like. Tell him to write what he feels, and then let that dictate which genre of music it fits into. If he is hell bent on it being country music then he needs to move or travel and experience different things.

Duane

The words and inspiration should come from within. What inspires me or you might not inspire him. It's like when you had to write papers in school. If the subject was something you liked, the paper was probably better than one about a topic you didn't like. Tell him to write what he feels, and then let that dictate which genre of music it fits into. If he is hell bent on it being country music then he needs to move or travel and experience different things.

Duane

Agreed 100%.
To steal from another artist...

"If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If its marketed right, you'll buy it. But... If its real... you'll feel it."

Gotta include the following lyrics:
"She coulda scared dark out of a cave, but it was 2 a.m."
"I forgot about my ex wife the first night I was single"
"She paid for the cab ride before riding the bus home"

You know, like @Ron said, songs about real life.

Momma
trains
truck
prison
and getting drunk.
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:[/quote]

Reminds me of a David Allan Coe song

Back