Cordless tools

Okay back to this.

How good of a deal is this? I was going to get a 3/4 impact but honestly if it can do 250 ft lbs on the 3/8" I dont really need one.

@jeepinmatt you know all the damn deals, educate me.

Okay back to this.

How good of a deal is this? I was going to get a 3/4 impact but honestly if it can do 250 ft lbs on the 3/8" I dont really need one.

@jeepinmatt you know all the damn deals, educate me.
Seems like a decent deal if you need all that stuff. I don't have a 1/4" hex impact, and have never felt the need for it. I do have the compact 1/2" square impact, and it is probably the best and most useful battery tool I have ever bought. It can do the same things as a 1/4" hex impact, but is also great for working on vehicles. I started my addiction with the Fuel hammer drill and 1/2" compact impact. The 3/8" will be fine, but if you are buying a-la-carte, I'd spring for the 1/2". They consistently put out 100+ft-lbs, which is pushing the limit for 3/8" tooling. If I need to use a 3/8" socket, I just use a cheap 3/8-1/2" adapter because they are a dime a dozen and I don't care if it shears the adapter.

Seems like a decent deal if you need all that stuff. I don't have a 1/4" hex impact, and have never felt the need for it. I do have the compact 1/2" square impact, and it is probably the best and most useful battery tool I have ever bought. It can do the same things as a 1/4" hex impact, but is also great for working on vehicles. I started my addiction with the Fuel hammer drill and 1/2" compact impact. The 3/8" will be fine, but if you are buying a-la-carte, I'd spring for the 1/2". They consistently put out 100+ft-lbs, which is pushing the limit for 3/8" tooling. If I need to use a 3/8" socket, I just use a cheap 3/8-1/2" adapter because they are a dime a dozen and I don't care if it shears the adapter.
I use my hex impact all the time now but it still works so its not like I need another one but having all of the same tool would be nice

I really want a drill + 3/8 impact and ideally a 1/2" impact just in case for the big stuff, but most of the time I am wrenching on my bikes now that don't need the crazy big stuff.

Looks like HD has some crazy hack actually.

by itself that kit is 539, but ad another M18 battery since it is free

1629317938392.png

then you just return the battery after the fact and get it all for 430

1629317985781.png

Seems pretty good for 430, then later pick up a 1/2 impact... hm......

Looks like HD has some crazy hack actually.

by itself that kit is 539, but ad another M18 battery since it is free

View attachment 355273

then you just return the battery after the fact and get it all for 430

View attachment 355274

Seems pretty good for 430, then later pick up a 1/2 impact... hm......
Or buy this:
And then get a bare tool impact for $135ish:

And not have to deal with returning the battery. But how is it a free battery if you have to pay for it?

Or buy this:
And then get a bare tool impact for $135ish:

And not have to deal with returning the battery. But how is it a free battery if you have to pay for it?

the hd one has two batteries which is the advantage

the free battery thing is odd. You basically get a free extra battery by adding the battery to the cart it reduces the price of the combo. It’s odd not sure why they do it.

the free battery thing is odd. You basically get a free extra battery by adding the battery to the cart it reduces the price of the combo. It’s odd not sure why they do it.
Ebay and HD one both have 2 5.0XC batteries. It's the exact same part number from Milwaukee, 2997-22. If you look at the HD part number, it's just 2 Milwaukee part numbers ;)

Its for accounting purposes and the returning the kit and keeping a battery for $.01....

For a hobbyist like me, the Ryobi One+ 18V stuff rocks. You do get a lot of bang for the buck.

Would I like to have a garage full of Milwaukee M-18 stuff? Sure. However, I have twice as many useful Ryobi tools than I would have if I had M-18 tools and I have not had a time where I said that I should have bought that M-18 impact.

This last weekend, I used the angle grinder and the 1/2" impact to fix at the campground the exhaust I tore off my JK at Good Evening Ranch and the 10" chainsaw to cut up some firewood.

faster assemebly time?
Likely that plus reduced manufacturing costs. Though I'm not sure it's working out like they intended.

I know there's a term for it but it could just be a design change to limit the lifespan of the tool. My 2767 is at least 4 yrs old and has been the best M18 tool I've ever owned. Rarely does it not have what it takes to break a nut/bolt loose.

Likely that plus reduced manufacturing costs. Though I'm not sure it's working out like they intended.

I know there's a term for it but it could just be a design change to limit the lifespan of the tool. My 2767 is at least 4 yrs old and has been the best M18 tool I've ever owned. Rarely does it not have what it takes to break a nut/bolt loose.

Planned obsolescence: The art of making sub-par items and limiting support for them so the consumer must buy a new one.

I've seen several posts on FB about the new impacts being trash. Glad to see Milwaukee is supposedly acknowledging there might be an issue. Also glad mine is the old style too.

Duane

Mine is a 2763 and still kicking butt. The only things it won't break loose are typically gummy threads that are better served by the longer stroke of an air impact or a 3-4ft breaker bar.

Back