Cool RC video

That is some pretty kool RCs!

How do you keep the electronics dry? I think I may have found my next hobby. Probably not any cheaper than the real thing, though.....

CRAP!!! My 5 year old daughter wants one for Christmas now!

"Mommy.... I want a remote control Barbie Jeep like the one in the video Daddy's watching...."

You can seal your ESC / reciever with a coat of clear silicone.
You can build a verry reliable scale rig for $400 to $1000 depending on how hard core you want to get with hop ups. Breaks are cheap.

I just ordered this, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0250925239&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Pretty bad right out of the box, and ready to run. All it will need is a few alluminum suspension / steering upgrades, which can be done for around $100,

How do you keep the electronics dry? I think I may have found my next hobby. Probably not any cheaper than the real thing, though.....
CRAP!!! My 5 year old daughter wants one for Christmas now!
"Mommy.... I want a remote control Barbie Jeep like the one in the video Daddy's watching...."

I used silicone on every connection on mine. The standard brushed motors dont need to be waterproofed, and my receiver was already water proofed.

I ordered my BR-XL Speed Controller pre-waterproofed, and the servo I used came waterproof too.

Axial claimes the Wraith is water proof. They put the reciever in a water proof box and mount the ESC in a "safe" location. We'll see. Not sure what I'm gonna do about the servo yet.

What abput the lights? Do they need anything? I have never water proofed lights.

The servo's on the Wraith come "water resistant" so you should be good for a bit there. I've just about submerged my Wraith and it just keeps going. Once you crack the seal on the box where the esc and receiver are, good luck getting that little rubber seal back in place again. It's a major PITA.

I've watched a lot if " how to " videos on you tube. Think im gonna just plasti dip from the get go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I just took my SCX-10 out in the snow! Was a blast, and its like an inch deep. Wait till its 5+ and its gonna be awesome.

last year when it snowed here, i took my scx-10 in the snow and had a blast........ until i came back in the garage and it caught on fire.
the esc melted, i think i overworked it in the snow.(was a good reason to get the rooster combo)

Mine was, pardon the pun, ice cold. I was worried because it was picking up quite a bit of snow, but everything seemed good. I only drove it for around ten minutes though.

. All it will need is a few alluminum suspension / steering upgrades, which can be done for around $100,
Got links?

I found THIS

OH...then there's this sick video (totally unrelated)

use the traxxas blue stuff its all water proof. i had the traxxas vlineon brushless system on my last scaler and i never had a water problem. i talking i submerge the entire truck in muddy water. not to mention brushless power is great. crawl it or hammer it and drag the back bumper.

use the traxxas blue stuff its all water proof. i had the traxxas vlineon brushless system on my last scaler and i never had a water problem. i talking i submerge the entire truck in muddy water. not to mention brushless power is great. crawl it or hammer it and drag the back bumper.

Im in the middle of a trail honcho build. Ill keep that in mind. Im looking at electrics next. Was thinking about the novac 18 turn goat.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back