Company disrespecting our troops

AQHACowboy

Friends,
Below is an email exchange between one of my wife's friend's husband and a company that sells different types of mats. He is stationed in Iraq and was inquiring as to whether or not the company ships overseas. He wanted to get the troops better gear to sleep on. This is the companies response. I am floored as a military person and as an American. Please repost this so that this company will hear us loud and clear that we do not stand for this. Whatever your view is on this war - these troops are just following orders. Most are passionate about what they are doing. You can disagree with the war without disrespecting our troops.

On Tue Jan 16 3:25 , contact@discount-mats.com sent:

To Whom it may concern:

Do you ship to APO addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.

SGT Hess"

From: contact@discount-mats.com [mailto:contact@discount-mats.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM

Subject: Re: Feedback: from discount-mats.com

SGT Hess,

We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

Bargain Suppliers
Discount-Mats.com

I just sent them a e-mail to let them know they suck please everyone else that reads this do it as well i will pass this on
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser715 my wife's friend sent it to snoops.com to let them know it is a true e-mail.

I e-mailed the company & then I copied it to Fox news maybe they will pick it up & ruin this bunch of a$$holes this pisses me off

Add one more email.
Read the snopes.com article.
Still no excuse for discount-mats "Danny" being a a$$.(Not AQHACowboy Thought Danny was the responder)

Bishop are you meaning me being an a$$?

Email sent...

and in a momnt of fury, this message also got posted at 2 forums with over 100,000 members....including the always happy and never vindictive PBB :flipoff2:

Bishop are you meaning me being an a$$?
im sure he dont mean you. ive known bishop nearly all my life hes a great guy. in the mean time im sending my email to them along with a big F**K YOU.

WTF!? I sent discount floor mats a piece of my mind. I noticed they posted a phone # and even a street address :popcorn:

If the above form does not work, you can e-mail us at: contact @ discount-mats.com

To reach us by phone, please call us between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. central time: 414-736-8394

Here is our mailing address:

Bargain Suppliers
3259 S.106th Street
West Allis, WI 53227

Maybe if everyone requested a sample, that might hit them in the pocketbook.

well apparently PBB deleted my thread...

not sure why...

Bishop its not problem, I can see how someone could mistaken that because of how my sig is. No harm done all is good. :beer:

Freedom goes both ways, they have the freedomto restrict their shipping and reply to the individual in the way that they did, and the buying public has the the freedom to not purchase from that particular company

I have no problem with them doing and saying what they did,.....it's what makes America so great

Also, there's a shitload of companies that will not ship to FPO/APO's,....and in capitalist America, that bred a new company www.shipitapo.com

I have no problem with people taking a stand against a cause. But IMO they are fighting the wrong enemy. If you think this war is unjust vote. Don't take it out on ground troops who donot egt to choose whether or not they are there.

I have no problem with people taking a stand against a cause. But IMO they are fighting the wrong enemy. If you think this war is unjust vote. Don't take it out on ground troops who donot egt to choose whether or not they are there.

Nope, they are taking the fight to the very core of the fighters. The vast majority of the military members totally support what we do in Iraq and Afganistan, so in a sense, they are throwing their opinions directly to the front. I'd bet, that if President Bush were in Iraq ordering those mats, that he'd get the same response;)

Also, ground troops do get to choose whether or not they go,...they just have to suffer the consequences of their choices;)

Back