club challenge

madmonk

I would like to see some kinda club challenge between local or some what local clubs. maybe something just for bragging rights , I think if we called it a comp there would be some kinda insurance issues, I'm not the authority so not sure on that. chris from crozet could probably answer that, hey crozet would be a good place for a final ,closer than tellico!!! anyhoo the mud devils and the playground are up for the challenge! anyone else?

tell me more about this idea. sounds like it would be really interesting! what would be the minimum # of rigs for each club? im there, just have to convince the rest of the club...

sounds like a good idea. but my DD against the mud devils buggys aint much of a contest. :lol: :flipoff2: i would like to watch.

First thing about doing comps. Ya' gotta offer a prize. It does not have to be monetary. Shoot, I've seen a marksman comp. where the high scorers got steaks. You could have the loosing team buy the winning team's dinner. Something friendly. :)

You might want to stock up on spare parts if you want to run with mud devils in a comp. They break parts just playing around at the play ground.

Sam(slim)

I am game... but I am also running a full body rig.. so what kind of classes wil you have???

Cause mine against a comp buggy might not fair so well :)

Aggressive 4x4 Concepts would probably show up with a few rigs...

we ran into the Mudd Devils on Slick Rock back in may at Tellico, and got quite a few pics of the four vehicles that were there...

Greg

madmonk said:
I would like to see some kinda club challenge between local or some what local clubs. maybe something just for bragging rights , I think if we called it a comp there would be some kinda insurance issues, I'm not the authority so not sure on that. chris from crozet could probably answer that, hey crozet would be a good place for a final ,closer than tellico!!! anyhoo the mud devils and the playground are up for the challenge! anyone else?

Sounds like someone has looked into the new issue of PETERSEN'S !?? :flipoff2:

I really think it should be divided into a few different classes, full body and tire size, "buggy" (anything goes), highly modified stock frame (extends to centerline of both axles) right down to "stock" nothing over 31's...locker/s ok. You could interest a wider variety of people and it'd be fun to play and watch. There are some many different lines to take (at DP anyway) it wouldn't be hard to set up a challenging course for all classes and the "lower" classes could try the "upper" classes gates for extra points...a mock comp of sorts. just my .02

BIGWOODY said:
I really think it should be divided into a few different classes, full body and tire size, "buggy" (anything goes), highly modified stock frame (extends to centerline of both axles) right down to "stock" nothing over 31's...locker/s ok. You could interest a wider variety of people and it'd be fun to play and watch. There are some many different lines to take (at DP anyway) it wouldn't be hard to set up a challenging course for all classes and the "lower" classes could try the "upper" classes gates for extra points...a mock comp of sorts. just my .02

thats a good idea. it will get more people involved, not just the buggys and the bigger rigs. ill run my geep in the "LOWER" class. its a good way to get out and have some fun.

I am with Bigwoody as far as different classes. More involved, and everyone would get a chance to be a spectator too.( unless they have to wrench between rounds) I am with the CTB, I can't speak for the club, but I am sure there are several who would do it just for the fun of it.

I am thinking we should do some major planning. Maybe a small entry fee, and a small attendance fee. Nothing to break anyone, but use it for some worthy charity. Rent some Porta johns and maybe have some food on site. Hey, maybe even write the mags and we might get some coverage??? MAybe get Ian and Jessie to bring out their rigs too!

I am with Bigwoody as far as different classes. More involved, and everyone would get a chance to be a spectator too.( unless they have to wrench between rounds) I am with the CTB, I can't speak for the club, but I am sure there are several who would do it just for the fun of it.

I am thinking we should do some major planning. Maybe a small entry fee, and a small attendance fee. Nothing to break anyone, but use it for some worthy charity. Rent some Porta johns and maybe have some food on site. Hey, maybe even write the mags and we might get some coverage??? MAybe get Ian and Jessie to bring out their rigs too!

Ithink this is where we get into insurance issues!!!! you guys are talking more about an individual rock crawl event. and are slowly taking the fun out it.

We just need to do some checking on what we should and shouldn't do as far as insurance regulations. I think a charity set up would be the way to go and we could probably avoid insurance issues making it a strickly for charity event.

I think all of these are great ideas :smokin:

I think also that a club challenge would be a great place to start. That way you avoid insure. This would also give everybody invovled in the planning process a chance to see how well this would work in our area. It worked on the 'Con for the Tinbenders, Pirates, Crawlers and others, but turned large scale.

This area could explode with enthusiasm very easily.

The main idea for the larger comp event would have to be all inclusive. Different classes for dd's and unlimited rigs. This would make "Joe Wheeler" in his '05 stock Rubi and Jim with the MD's both feel like they have a place and a chance.

More people more interest more fun?

That should be at the base of all of this: fun, wheelin and guys talkin about their rigs. :D

Maybe local shop sponcers like the CNC show. Then they could get seen by people that might not normally support local shops.

My .02

Good time to promote this challenge would be July 9th in Myrtle Beach during our show. We have quite a few Large but local sponsors coming and Carolina Rock Shop will be there. We also have three other clubs: Low Country (out of Charleston, SC), NCKrawlers (out of Greenville, NC), and Mid Carolina Jeepers (out of Columbia, SC) helping and who knows how many other clubs showing up. I can announce the location and the possibility of when you want to do it during the show. Anybody want to start information about it on a private website and we can give the address out? I might be able to get Bass Pro Shops to sponsor the challenge too. I have been working pretty close with them. Just let me know anything I can do guys and our club will be there.

I’m with Dave on this one you get me a class marked out for my large full body rig and a date to shoot for and ill bush my self the braking point to get it up and running to represent Aggressive 4x4 Concepts in something like this.

Back