CJ5 prodject

The ambient temp sensor is for the mirrior
ai59.photobucket.com_albums_g302_hardermods_Forum_20Crap_117210139.gif

Thanks... Im about to walk out and look for it now... on a side note, I think that a rear veiw mirror that displayes the outside temp would be a little bit excesive for my CJ 5 ...LOL Im drawing the line at cruise, tilt and AC ......

and $20.. later, ambient air temp sensor installed and no more codes being thrown .... a friend gave me a Banks intake tube, picked up a new cone filter for it (blue) as well as a matching crank case filter and rubber boot to connect the banks intake tube to the throttle body BLING BLING ....

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_888336608_photobucket_50145_.jpg

after lunch Im set to install the thermostat controller and overide switch for the electric fan, then build some brackets to hold the passenger side under dash fuse box ...

that front end turned out super nice!

workin on the wiring some more .... I am wiring the electric fan, rock lights and WARN offroad lights into the empty spaces in the fuse block. I wired the 2 large WARN lights into the headlight harness ( they are dual beam ) so they work off of the factory headlight controls on the stearing colum ( although low beam if FOG and high beam is SPOT )... I picked up some new fuses and wire, I am hopefull that I can hide as much wiring as possable and make it look factory ( kinda LOL ) instead of lifting the hood and seing a ton of wires run everywere... To bad Im retarded when it comes to wiring, this could take awhile LOL...

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_888336608_photobucket_50239_.jpg

so does this mean you're gonna drive it over to the house now? haha. well i'm back...as you well know. report date to carson is august 10th. which means we still have a little time left for you to finish and then we can both go break our vehicles at uwharrie. haha. oh yea, if you've sent me any texts or called at all, i'm not ignoring you, my phone disappeared and the new one should be here today sometime. and just an update, i got the bronco fixed. no more weird ratcheting/pulling sensations. it turned out to be the hub body...and well you saw the condition of the wheel bearing. it had to be cut off the spindle. so that whole side from the inner bearing out got replaced.

Nice... ill give you a call tonight... im headed to the west coast on SAT. for some training for 2 weeks. Ill be very buisy this year... lol... 7 months of training in the next 9 months, plus were headed to europe and Dos uber jeep can't go!!! Pain in my A$%... just get the darn thing done and it'll either sit for a few years or I'll sell it, ow well... maybe if I can work a deal we can move out to carson as well... :) moab utah on the weekends and decent elk hunting....

so guess what i did that now leaves the bronco unfourwheelable.....re-geared the REAR axle. couldn't afford both front and rear so i'll do the front in co and use it as a learning experience. i did get an electric fan from a lincoln mark VIII for free though..still gotta figure out how to wire it in. hmmm..what else...oh yea...pass tie rod end is shot which is why i need to borrow your reamer, report date to carson is now the 31st and i put in an offer on a house there. hopefully i get it soon and yes, you can store it there...you just gotta get it there. haha. oh yea, dont be surprised if you do and when you come back it's been wheeled a few times. :)

aug. 7th.

Well, yesterday was kinda productive, wired the electric fan (works now)... pulled the transfercase and installed the teraflex SSslip yoke eliminator kit. Pulled the drum brakes off the 14bolt rearend. And pulled the 14bolt rearend out of the jeep to prep it for rebuild. Out comes the 4:56 gears and in goes 5:38 gearsa ballistic shave kit and all new bearings, seals and disc brakes... I started to build the templates for the new bely pan engine skid as well... ill update this afternoon with some pics...

Aug 13th.

A crazy week.... not much done becouse uncle sam has been demanding.... I got the transfercase back in...
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_transfercase.jpg

I finished welding a bunch of crapp, built some brackets to hold the last of the under dash fuse block and misc parts of the harness.... I need to build a new tranny mount that doesnt hang down so far... a ton of work just to gain a few pretious inches of clearence.......

Ok... so today was kinda productive... I royaly wasted most of the day running around, chasing my tail, running errands and crap... anyways... I picked up the plate steal for the rest of my body armor, bought the 1.5 in. Tubing to build the rear fender flares, and roof rack/offload light bar and guard.... and I bought a tubing roller because I want the rear flares to be a constant radius to fit nicely around the tires when the suspension is compressed... I also got new tail lights in today, new longer shackles from BTF. And some extra upgraded parts for the roll bender... I am still looking for a good windshield frame and i've gotta figure out how to best relocate the wiper moter to the outside or the passenger side (theres no room behind the Tj dash).... and ill be sporting a brand new hard top and doors by dec.
I am not building a belly pan, just a high clearance cross member for now, because ultimetly ill be running a Nth Degree belly pan, trany and engine skid, along with upgraded long arms and the rear stinger (buying from a friend for a good price).... anyways, as usual, pics of progress tommarrow......

Aug. 21st.

Well,,, made some progress today! alot of people arent gonna like my rear fender flares, and realy, thats OK. .. Understanding that here in beutiful sunny NC they dont have fender laws concerning tire coverage most of you probebly dont know what it meens to be classafied as a (habitual offender ) concerning a lack of mud flaps and tire coverage ... So, trieing to stay in theme (half millitary/ half adventure vehicle) I built 7 in. wide fender flares ...

1. broke out the tubing roller and rolled 2 pieces of 1.5in. .095 DOM into a 42 in. radius....
2. I layed out the pattern for the body armor, to fit the door openings, compressed the suspention and drew the ark on the body armor to get the correct cut out for the tires.
3. placed the body armor on the body, bent up 2 90's with the pro tools bender, and 2 U shped bends on the bender as well.
4. cut and notched the supports to strengthen the tubing flare.
5. welded all that crap together.... deffenetly not perfect, but its good enoph for who its for... tommarrow I will bend up and install the tubing for the rock sliders and gussets for the back of the tube flares ...

After that, well, I need to get smart on how exactly Im gonna build the rear spare tire carrier, gas can holdrrs, high lift jack mount, tail lights, back up lights, and antanas for Com's .... fun fun fun....

pics later, for some reason they dont want to load from my Gmail account to photobucket ...
:bounce2:

hurry up dude i wana go wheeling

But seriously it looks great moving along well since I saw it last and if u need a place to store it I'm right down the road and the farm has armed security lol just let me know if u need anything

updates

Yes my guarage is a disaster, and the fenders arent finished but here they are ...
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_2011_08_21_19_40_45_985.jpg

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_2011_08_21_14_25_56_50.jpg

I will be building a basket in between the fender flares to hold 2 gas cans, a high lift jack and a spare tire mount ... bla bla bla

interesting fender design....will you hurry up and finish that thing....geez....i'ma be done with my truck before you finish your jeep! haha. well bro got my house...all unpacked and settled in now. still getting used to the altitude...running up here sucks!! hmm...oh yea...got a line on a ford zf 5 speed tranny and all the conversion parts for only $500. so pretty soon i'll be rid of the auto WOOHOO! found a few trails around here i can do in 2wd for now.

yepp .... I was thinking I would leave it with you on the returne trip, catch a flight home, pack up the pensky truck and drive back to CO ... ofcourse I may need you to roll the tires for me ( its probebly bad for it to sit for 2 weeks) LOLOL ... I was thinkin I would leave my bike out there also .... but you cant ride that .....

Side note, I will be setting up my rear end tonight ... and putting it back under the jeep in its final resting place tommarrow morning ...

Well, the rear detroit, 5:13 gears are all set up, thanks to ZOMBHNTR providing the shop, a vise, 2 padded chairs, a lift ( so I could sit down and work on the diff) a fridge to store a six pack of corona and a air compressor that actualy works ... ALSO a friend named TIM, that I dont know, but was very helpfull over the phone from his sisters BDay party ... The patern looked good, everything is torqued down, now this morning Ill put it back in its resting place, all new bearings, seals and races in the outers, along with a disc brake set up from GUBNI, a set of super secret axle shafts from the west coast and some break lines ....

Some updates for the day ... rebuilt the outers, installed the disc brakes, finished the Ubolt flip kit ( home brewed )..... Now Im off to a BDAY Party ....
disc brakes
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_3662_1314467398193.jpg

U bolt flip...
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_3644_1314467505531.jpg

2 in. spacers so the rear is a little closer to the front width..
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_4320_1314468464226.jpg

another side profile and a view of the non offending tire coverage ...LOL
ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_3939_1314468427703.jpg

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_5167_1314468397026.jpg

thats it for today ... more progress tommarrow ...

Your welcome for all of the above come out any time and Tim is on the forum as timc lurking around giving advice and saving projects just let me know if u need a hand

Nice rig, like how you relocated the rear wheel wells:driver:. been thinking of doing the same so I can put long arm in my LJ.

oh my god you actually got that thing on tires now? you ever weld the front c's or is the front still on jackstands? haha. the bronco is no longer an auto...that zf 5 speed i told you about...found it's way in there over the last three days...haha. tomorrow is the day of truth. i tear apart the steering column and remove the last of the auto linkage then bleed the clutch...then see if she runs and holds fluid (i did the rear main seal while i had the tranny out). jeep's looking good though. yea, you can store it here if you want...along with the bike....i'll make sure they both get taken real good care of.... ;-) and even give you a ride to the airport....

oh my god you actually got that thing on tires now? you ever weld the front c's or is the front still on jackstands? haha. the bronco is no longer an auto...that zf 5 speed i told you about...found it's way in there over the last three days...haha. tomorrow is the day of truth. i tear apart the steering column and remove the last of the auto linkage then bleed the clutch...then see if she runs and holds fluid (i did the rear main seal while i had the tranny out). jeep's looking good though. yea, you can store it here if you want...along with the bike....i'll make sure they both get taken real good care of.... ;-) and even give you a ride to the airport....
Your a good friend.... lol

Aug. 30th.

built the cross member today, well, most of it ... I still need to skin the crossmember so that it will be a skid plate, but that will have to wait... the rear driveshaft is 20 inches long and sits at a static 17 degrees opperating angle...

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_5021_1314739951080.jpg

ai1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa440_boazfaithful_photobucket_4390_1314739908302.jpg

Back