CJ vs YJ fenders

TeamSpatula

Howdy. Can anyone confirm that YJ fenders have the same bolt pattern as CJ fenders? I know CJ fenders will bolt up to a Commando, but I may have a line on a cheap YJ front clip, and I want to make sure it would fit before getting it.
Also, I think I've seen YJ fenders with a CJ grill & hood. Would that also work?
I'm not going for perfect fit or looks (obviously!)
:)
thanks.

YJ fenders are 1.5" longer and have a slightly different angle at the grille

Some have fixed this by shaving 1.5" off the back firewall mount. On guy even welded a piano hinge there so he could access the engine bay easier

getting the CJ grille to mount up to the YJ fenders isn't hard...getting it to mount up and LOOK good....well :(

cj hood and grill with what was left of my yj fenders, note the overhang

730353_43_full.jpg

730353_44_full.jpg

Trimed up, grill mounting holes redrilled and painted, still with yj fenders (whats left)

730353_87_full.jpg

730353_97_full.jpg

DSCN1004.JPG

If you are going to flatfender them (like mine) they will be fine. I know the fenders will bolt up. I have a friend who put a YJ clip on a CJ-5 ( and they call my Jeep Blasphemy!!).

uglyjeepoffroad said:
If you are going to flatfender them (like mine) they will be fine. I know the fenders will bolt up. I have a friend who put a YJ clip on a CJ-5 ( and they call my Jeep Blasphemy!!).
Is the old CJ clip still around? I'd rather go that route, but then again, the YJ would be different for sure...

No he threw it away, before I could even get my hands on it.
That is why I had to buy a clip for mine. When you get to Hickory, I will show you a few yards in the area and I may be able to come up with a front clip for you.

Back