CJ Trailer Build

kaiser715

Doing hard time
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!! :) I'll figure out how to post 'em.

A few weeks ago, I had an M101 trailer for sale. No bites, so it got turned into another project. :)

I got the frame cut down a couple weeks ago, taking 9" out of the middle to make it 36" wide, and cut down in length to 54" (spring length plus a bit). I cut the axle down to match WMS to WMS of my narrow-track CJ-5.

I picked up 4 used 15x10 8 lug wheels, and the tires are 33x12.50 Wranglers that just came off my CJ last week. Two leaves were removed so it would ride at about the same frame height as the CJ, and to soften it up a little, as the most it will carry will be a couple or three hundred pounds of camping stuff.

Total cost so far: $140 -- $100 for the wheels, and $40 for mount and balance. The M101A2 trailer was a freebie from a friend. I got a bunch of flat sheet steel from a cut-up truck body that will make a box for it 36Wx54Lx24H with a hinged lid.

I am going to take it at this point and get the frame sandblasted and paint it. The box will be bolt-on.

Thanks, I finally read that sticky. Seems we ought to be able to at least post a link to a pic???

Maybe if I go over to Rob's and move that treadmill tonight.....

If you've got photos posted somewhere else, you just use [noparse][/noparse] tags around a link to your photo.

So it would look something like...

[noparse][img]http://blahblah.com/myphotos/funnypic1.jpg[/noparse]

nope, that doesn't work, already tried it. I get a 403 Forbidden error anytime I put anything resembling a link in a post.

jeep-compass-1.jpg

Like that?

I typed: [noparse]
jeep-compass-1.jpg
[/noparse]

I've seen the 403 errors with photobucket and crap like that... not sure why.

Back