ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_DSCN3543.jpg

Front mount
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_DSCN3541.jpg

progress so far
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_DSCN3538.jpg

Hope fully I get it done by next summer :shaking:

outboard

James,
this may be dumb question..are you going full width?...if so, what are you using??

maybe the better question is, is this what i'd have to do to put waggy axles on my cj-7?

looks good by the way..
Brian

Brian,
I'm goning a little wider, but yes this is what you have to do to run Full width axles.
The Dana 44 I was running was a Narrow Track from a Wagoneer that I cut 4" from the long side which made it the same as a Wide Track CJ. For now I am going to run a Un-cut Narrow track Dana 44 from a Wagoneer in a effort to be a little wider, but also to hopefully be lower. I also wanted to do the springover to have a "cleaner" under cariage.
We could cut down a Dana 44 from a wagoneer like I did if youu wanted to keep it bolt in. I have a couple of housings that I plan to be doing in the near future (i hope).

I have had a tiny amount of progress (had to get it mobile to move it). I will try for a couple of pics. If I do a high steer (the original plan) with the stock Wrangler springs I think there will be problems. I really want it to be as low as possible so I may not do a high steer. As it is now I will have very little up travel, but hopefully good droop. When I'm able to work on it again (who knows when) I will cycle the suspension to see where I'm at.

I have had a tiny amount of progress (had to get it mobile to move it). I will try for a couple of pics. If I do a high steer (the original plan) with the stock Wrangler springs I think there will be problems. I really want it to be as low as possible so I may not do a high steer. As it is now I will have very little up travel, but hopefully good droop. When I'm able to work on it again (who knows when) I will cycle the suspension to see where I'm at.

Cool man. I was just wondering. It looks like its going to be pretty damn low:huggy:

OK back in the shop to get more progress I hope. Will try to get some progress pictures up sometime this week (if I actually make any progress).;)

A couple update pics. Ride height a little more than I want. I will be modifying the springs again. I like where teh tire sits in the fender, but now I need to move the steering box forward. Still need to do shock mounts and finish welding / gussetting the brackets.
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_DSCN4368.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_DSCN4372.jpg

Dang where did my rear axle go?
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_DSCN4370.jpg

are those factory waggy springs or are they lift springs?

Mix & match, I'm not sure now what the main leaf is, eye to eye lenght is shorter than my other waggy fronts. It also is a center pin instead of off set like a waggy.

Actually got to work on this again today, nearly finished the rear. I will shoot some pics soon.
Looks like I missed my Summer 2009 finish, maybe 2011?

hey James,
look like your projects go as fast as mine!...hope your doing well...was wondering what happened with that project!!

see you at the Wheel In at Snowshoe??

brian
PS..got my NV4500 in!!

Wow, I continue to work with blinding speed.
Gave up on trying to make a new skid plate since I would have to run new exhaust and since I typically only get 2-3 hrs a week to do any work on it. I have modified a wrangler skid to use. Also the engine, tranny and transfer case are back in. Still as much or more left to do as I have gotten done. Hope it won't take me another year and a half. ;)
Skid plate
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_RandomShots002.jpg

Installed
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_RandomShots006.jpg

It's got a drive train now
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_RandomShots001.jpg

The rear axle and suspension is done and plumbed. Now to get back on the front and try to get finished befor the end of time.;)
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_Trail_20Jeep_RandomShots010.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u179_amcjeepman_Trail_20Jeep_RandomShots012.jpg

Hey would you call that a traction bar. Normally they go under the spring, but I like the look.

Hey would you call that a traction bar. Normally they go under the spring, but I like the look.
Anti wrap bar/ traction bar. ideally it would be the same length as from the spring eye to center pin. Its going to limit up travel but I wanted it as out of the way as possible, it may have to be changed/eliminated.

Back