Chernobyl

Atla

Pew Pew! Vroom Vroom!
...on HBO is superb.

We just finished it last night and highly recommend it.

I'd read a decent amount about the incident, I guess out of a morbid curiosity, but I learned a lot from the show I didn't know. I had no idea how near 40-50 million people came to dying if hundreds of men hadn't sacrificed themselves to stop the meltdown. I also have new respect for Russian Coal Miners.

The Soviets disregard for human life was pretty shocking. And the Communist Party was well portrayed as 'party above all else'. Even the KGB's involvement was believable and suitably creepy.

And unlike Game of Thrones, the ending was superb.

Anyways, if you get a chance and need something good - give it a try.

And if I ever get a fraction of the radiation those people got, I'm suck starting a .45 instead of letting it cook me from the inside out and 'chemical burning' my entire body to a goo.

...on HBO is superb.

We just finished it last night and highly recommend it.

I'd read a decent amount about the incident, I guess out of a morbid curiosity, but I learned a lot from the show I didn't know. I had no idea how near 40-50 million people came to dying if hundreds of men hadn't sacrificed themselves to stop the meltdown. I also have new respect for Russian Coal Miners.

The Soviets disregard for human life was pretty shocking. And the Communist Party was well portrayed as 'party above all else'. Even the KGB's involvement was believable and suitably creepy.

And unlike Game of Thrones, the ending was superb.

Anyways, if you get a chance and need something good - give it a try.

And if I ever get a fraction of the radiation those people got, I'm suck starting a .45 instead of letting it cook me from the inside out and 'chemical burning' my entire body to a goo.

I play a nuclear operator in real life and I was pleasantly surprised with the realism of this series. Usually Hollywood screws up the facts to make it better for TV. Chernobyl is one of those things that doesn’t need “fluff” to keep you interested. I also highly recommend the show. It actually helped my wife understand why my job sucks so bad.

I play a nuclear operator in real life and I was pleasantly surprised with the realism of this series. Usually Hollywood screws up the facts to make it better for TV. Chernobyl is one of those things that doesn’t need “fluff” to keep you interested. I also highly recommend the show. It actually helped my wife understand why my job sucks so bad.

Good to hear that it was somewhat real. I was doing lots of googling throughout the entire show to fill my lapse of understanding. Always had an interest in power generation just never pursued it out of college. Really enjoyed the show and the fact the Russians were upset about it means they probably got a lot of facts right.

This accurately portrays much of the USSR. Especially their nuclear program. Scientists = smart, party officials = mindless puppets. They notoriously cut corners. I can admire the selflessness of some of the real life characters even though they were just doing their job.

A giant issue is they didn’t have a secondary containment structure. That reactor blew the primary containment shield through the roof of the plant.

The scenes were very dramatic. The re-enactment scene had my heart beating. Definitely high entertainment value based on factual accuracy and production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it and I agree despite no real world understanding of how it all works with real world experience. I have read a lot of the history and I think it did a very good job of portraying the truth of communism and how if you were a political officer you had more power than the people who actually knew what they were doing.

I've watched three of them twice each. I can't make it through an episode without falling asleep, but I've been sick also so that's not entirely the show's fault.

Watched a documentary on it years ago. There’s an orphanage nearby where people had dumped all of the deformed kids they didn’t want. Those poor kids looked like something out of a nightmare. It was crazy to see what the radiation had done.

The hospital scenes were tough to take. To see those guys literally waste away in a matter of days was sobering. I was amazed at what that amount of radiation could do so fast. Good choice by the director not to show the guy's face that they made look into the reactor from the roof.

Also as a nuclear operator, I second the thought of the right facts in place. I was pleased with the last episode explaining how things happened and pointing out the gross negligence that was involved through the control room and ussr nuclear program.

Those coal miners are thug AF.

Back