check engine problems

Deuce 40s

My check engine light came on yesterday morning for no apparent reason and I was hoping someone could help me figure out a few additional things to look for to replace.

All vitals look good (checked oil, not running hot, alternator is topped off, and there's plenty of washer fluid.) :shaking: I'm thinking it may be an O2 sensor simply because I havent replaced one and it's got 85K miles. But it runs like a champ so it may be something different.

Does anyone have any other helpful suggestions of things I could check? Thanks for any help

BTW - 01 TJ I6 Auto

Tyler

I disconnected the battery today, no help. So then I went to Auto Zone and got them to look at the computer. It came back "Early Fuel Evaporation Relay". They didnt have any in stock nor knew where to find one. Any idea what this relay is? or where the hell it is on the motor?

I wanna say the code was P 0442, something similar to that. I'm pretty sure it ended with a 42.

Check your gas cap, evap codes = 1st thing tighten you cas cap, have the code reset at autozone. If the code comes back write the code down this time!!! Do a google search on the code.

Back