Cheap Off Road Tires

A co worker of mine got a set of 35" Maxxis???? Blems shipped to his door for under $600.

Dude find out from where!!! Ill be all over that! :popcorn:

Well, i think I found my deal at JC Whitney... $100 off!

All Terrain KO Tire, 35x12.50R-15 ZX346648 Each $268.21
$168.99
You Save:
$99.22 Will ship in 3 days

LTB's. Period. If you really want an offroad tire. If you just want an all terrain tire or generic mud terrain (which is still just an A/T) then go to your local tire store and get their generic brand mt. Some have some pretty good deals.

www.onlinetires.com
35x12.5R15 BFG Mud Terrains:
$166 a piece, (4) $664
Shipping to 29710 is $172.12
Total:$836.12

www.discounttire.com
35x12.5 BFG Mud Terrains:
$188 a piece (4), $752
NC Tax:$51.30
(Nearest store to 29710 is Gastonia NC, 11 miles away)
Total:$802.56
Out the door Cost (Balancing/Mounting/Tire Disposal/Environmental Fee):
Road Hazard Free Replacement:$999.34
No Road Hazard: $891.41

4 Wheel Parts is even more for the BFGs, won't even bother listing them. If you can live with a Bias Ply tire in 34x10.5 then go with the Super Swamper LTBs:

www.4wheelparts.com
34x10.5 Bias Ply Super Swamper LTBs:
$152.95 a piece (4), $611.80
NC Tax: $41.20
Total:$653
(Nearest store to 29710 is Charlotte NC, 23 miles away)

As far as JCWhitney goes thats not a great a deal as it sounds really unless they are offering free shipping. You can get them locally at Discount Tire (the BFG A/T KO) for $182 a piece. So unless their shipping is less than $52.04 ($13.01 a tire) your better off going locally. Even if you count gas money, you will have to drive to a shop to get them mounted anyway if you go with JCWhitney (unless you do it yourself).

Summit Racing had the cheapest deals on new 36x12.5 TSL's i was looking at..
I was suprised, check the prices there, especially the shipping since its so cheap.

Those Maxxis arent bad lookin at all I will look into those. yeah Goodyear is ridiculous on their prices!!

I like my MTR's so far. I paid roughly 180 fo my 37/12.50X15 each.

There's a reason for that: they're proven to work. I love my MTRs and got them brand new on a smokin deal here on nc4x4. I'd consider bucking up full price for my next set after running them for the last year and a half.

I agree. Athough my burb never sees the pavement so not sure of any wear issues.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...rtnum=525QR5MTAKMRWL&fromCompare1=yes&place=3
183 a tire. Call 4wheel parts, tell em you found the tires for 183, and they will price match. Simply head to your nearest 4wp store, and pick em up there.
Simple.

Sears will beat any advertised price. Just print the ad and take it to them. They consier shipping if the online place charges shipping. I found mine online with free shipping and then sears beat the price by 10%.

I have the cooper mts on my dodge......I hate them

If this isn't a daily driver then go for the LTBs. They are relatively cheap and will outperform the various ones mentioned in this thread. LTBs are bias ply tires so they wouldn't work good for a DD.

They are a little on the high side as far as price, but the cooper discoverer STT's are a realy nice tire. They also last a really long time. I have a set on trail rig, and also a set on my tow rig. I had a set on my last tow rig that lasted me almost 60,000 miles. I sold them with about 25% tread left on them.

look into mud dawgs i see them all the time in the big lot at galloways ive had a set on my truck for over a year now and rotated them once and they may have lost about 15% tread...ill buy a set just like them when that day comes..idk about prices tho they were on my truck when i bought it..but as far as the life of the tire goes id recommend them.

ive got some 35" mickey thompsons atz plus. they are not aggressive but i can sell and install them for $170 each.

I'm trying to find a set of decent 31/10.50/15 that aren't $800 + and Sears told me I had to get a 4 wheel alignment to get the warranty. Idk how they'll pull that off on my Cherokee:shaking:

Back