Cheap Off Road Tires

y2kcrawler

Anyone know a site to get some 35x12.50x15 M/T or A/T tires or anywhere locally for a decent price? I just cant afford to shell out $200+ per tire. Package deals would be great but i really havent seen anything out there for a decent price. $150-$180 would be a little better if anyone knows. Also, are Cooper tires any good? My neighbor has a set of 33's on his Chevy and they look pretty decent. I just didnt check out the specs on them on what type they were and the sidewall ply. Thanks yall, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn. They're usually around $170 a pop online. I've seen them in action, too, and they seem to work pretty well.

Look almost identical to the Goodyear MTR...
bighorn.jpg

try to find mud trails or mud kings.....they are made by BFG (they dont say BFG anywhere on them) and are overall a decent cheap tire

Those Maxxis arent bad lookin at all I will look into those. yeah Goodyear is ridiculous on their prices!!

I'm running the Bighorns on my ZJ as a dd and occasional off road rig. They seem to do very well off road and the street manners are not that bad for a mud tire. Very pleased with them for $160 ea.

check quadratec and 4wheel parts in usually the spring and in the fall for their buy 3 get 1 free sales.

yeah Goodyear is ridiculous on their prices!!
There's a reason for that: they're proven to work. I love my MTRs and got them brand new on a smokin deal here on nc4x4. I'd consider bucking up full price for my next set after running them for the last year and a half.

Tires

I don't know about the 35's, but I bought a set of 33x1250x15 Maxxis Bighorns for $540 at Punchy's tire in Concord. I really like them. Good luck.

Is this for a DD, and do they have to be new?
People have used 35s for sale on here all the time.

Or you can get the LTB 34"s for like $160 shipped, 4wheel parts has deals all the time (right now it's 10% off).

the bighorns are not a bad tire at all...the buckshots arent too bad neither

Is this for a DD, and do they have to be new?
People have used 35s for sale on here all the time.

Or you can get the LTB 34"s for like $160 shipped, 4wheel parts has deals all the time (right now it's 10% off).

Thanks Mac ill look into that! As for the Savero MTs, those looks just like the BFG M/Ts, but i cant find em in size 35". I think they only go up to 33". Ill keep shopping around to see what I can find out.
--------------------------------------------------------
RatLab, yes i would like to go new, I have looked at the used tires and for the prices of $700 + with usually 50% tread or less doesnt look like much of a deal to me. The tires I have now have about 1/4 tread left and I have a screw in my back passenger tire that keeps losing air. What air pressure do yall keep your tires at? im at 25 lbs right now.

Good call Mike!! I spoke with em, the Savero's are discontinued and have been replaced by the Aventuro but they only go up to size 33 in that brand. Their cheapest would be MudDog @ $900 mounted and no tax.

Good call Mike!! I spoke with em, the Savero's are discontinued and have been replaced by the Aventuro but they only go up to size 33 in that brand. Their cheapest would be MudDog @ $900 mounted and no tax.

Who'd you talk to? I've heard of many phone quotes not being the same as when you get down there. :shaking:

Thats the truth, I have called and gotten a quote and drove all the way out there and not get the price I was quoted, I would suggest recording your conversation with them so there are no discrepancies.

If you can find them I would get blemished name brand tires. They can sometimes be half the cost of a new tire and just need a little more weight to balance them.:beer:

Blemished as in how? I want to be safe as this is my DD as well.

Blemished means minor imperfections in the look of the tire that may cause them to be out of balance more than a regular tire would be. Still just as safe as a perfect new one! :beer:

Interco sells misprinted side walls...I used to have a set of TTTTSL's...think I paid $125/tire for 44s...

Lemme see if I can find the addy.

Back