Charlotte Rock Course

scarface

Doing it again.

July 16 & 17

Meet at 10am on SAT and 12pm Sun

At McD's Hwy 16 and 73 intersection

Work and play. More work than play on Sat. At least for the first 2 hours :D

Cookout Sun:BYOM

We need a ton of people to watch the others get stuck.

Something for EVERYONE. Dont be scared :flipoff2:

Hopefully one of those 2 days Mac and I can make it out. Had a great time last visit. I am not going to be voted recovery boy this time. My winch took a beating pulling yall out haha :D

Sam

Mac and Sam talked this place up last time....so i am going to try and make it out for a day (sunday)....as all as i get the front end back together....looking foward to meeting some new people.

Seth

Yeah really, I'm tryin to ride out there. Need to break in the locker and hopefully break something on the truck. It looks too pretty right now. :p

shane if i can get my shait pile rolling i will drive out there...probably sans propane though.

if i don't have anything going on ill probly roll out there and watch or maybe ride if some one has room???

tyler

You need to cancel those plans and come to the devils playground instead.Its more challenging,more rocks,and where building a rock garden the weekend before

can you just go and watch or is it the kindoff place were you have to drive on the trails to see everybody?

tyler

we are planning on being thier on Sat. and Sunday. having a cookout going to camp out and as far as tire size the bugger the better. This place has rocks from so big you have to hammer it hard and maybe rolling to small rocks so come one come all its going to be a blast...Going to tellico the weekend before so my junk is going to be limping.

choochoo said:
You need to cancel those plans and come to the devils playground instead.Its more challenging,more rocks,and where building a rock garden the weekend before

Dont yall have your own thread?

If you live in or around Charlotte this place is close and still a ton of fun. If you live in Greensboro or the Triangle area DP would be alot closer.

Either way some get off the computer or crawl out of the hole that weekend and wheel. Now you have three Local places to legaly wheel no one should be at home that weekend.

Hell yeah.. This is great, to have somewhere closer than Tellico with Rocks.. Both this place and the Devil's Playground.

Seriously, thanks to both groups for it.. in a time of trails closing down, it's kick-ass to see more opening up!

comminucation... ya'll need to get it together, next time back to back weekends or ride-off-ride, something., :mad: trying to come over to charlotte to see this, but committed to DPG already. their both close enough to make them, just not in the same weekend.

and here's to both groups for the hard work :beer: thanks

I would definatly enjoy riding the Playground more than the course here. but being that it is close... But give our course a year and another 150 tons or so of rock and we could setup a sponcered rock race between clubs and or indivduals.

Have one weekend a month setup for Charlotte, Devils Playground, then hit URE(RML), Crackers neck (Welder)?, maybe a finals in Tellico(Lower 2), Upper 2 (bonus stage?)

I am going to be talking to a guy at Peidmont Dragstip about helping out there new course.

Interest???

You need my "etherstroke" again? Can probably help Saturday morning the 16th like last time.

Scott

I emailed the guy from piedmont (jason)? in the fall about the rock course he said it would be done by spring, I emailed him in march and he said it would be done by the end of the summer.If he need s some help we could probably scare up a few people to help out. I posted on our site, peak empire, & rebel rock runners about having a club challenge . I didn't get much response . lets keep on top of that idea though. I'll start another thread to see what kinda interest there is and I have a few questions too.
scott

Back