Can't catch a break...

Rox&Mud

CTB
I don’t usually post about my personal woes but I just can’t seem to catch a break.

Back just before Christmas my Father passed away. Now this was not unexpected given his age and he had been unwell for some time. Never the less, it’s hard to lose a parent, especially the week before Christmas. This was a difficult loss but being prepared for it made it much easier than what was to follow.

Fast forward to March 6th, I get a call from Steve, my oldest brother. He had called to tell me that our brother Kevin had died the night before in his sleep, he was only 52 years old. Kevin was the brother I was closest to both in age and relationship. Coming on the heels of my dad’s death Kevin’s passing has been the most difficult thing I have had to experience. He emotionally adopted my wife Xenia as a sister and has been a large part of our support during her prolonged illness over the last thirteen years. Kevin, never having children of his own, but always wanted to be a father, also played a huge part in our son’s life spending lots of time with him one on one. Kevin’s passing is a huge loss to my entire family and is still an extremely difficult to deal with.

Yesterday on my way home from work Steve calls again I assume to discuss dad’s or Kevin’s estate and he says he was just informed our other brother Jeff passed away Tuesday night in his sleep, apparently from a heart attack. Jeff lived out of state and we were not as close as Kevin and I but it is still another profound family loss in such a short time.

Now if you throw onto all this regular everyday crap we all have to deal with it’s just about overwhelming. I’ve been trying to convert my old Dodge to a dually since October. The JY that sold me a bent piece of crap and doesn’t give refunds wasn’t trying very hard to find a replacement. After six months I found one for them to get and ship to me. I actually did something to my truck, don’t know what, so now it really needs the axle replaced right when I need it for a trip. My business has not been doing as well as it should. It’s tax time and all the crap that goes with that. On and on it goes, you just have to wonder how much any of us should have to deal with at a time

I could rant forever as the issues seem to continue to pile up but like always I’ll just continue to wade through life and keep trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

its hard to lose 3 people that are in your family so close together. seems like the really bad
stuff happens in 3s. 18 years ago i broke my back and had spinal cord injury. 2 months later
my sister inlaw died and one month after that my father inlaw died. not counting my
beat friend died a week after i got out of the hospital--my brother fell and broke both arms
and his neck and my brother inlaw had a serious heart attack and stroke. my wife was about
to come apart at the seams. all this happened in a 1 year time space.

keep your chin up--take a deep breath and be thankfull for every day. don't sweat the small stuff
and keep up the faith.

Hate to hear bout everyone that you lost. But like said above.. u gotta keep your head up. It sucks but u know they r in a better place. Side note. If you don't mind Xenia is an odd name. It was my mother's (hope she is as cool as she was rip)

I feel you've had More than your share! You Really needed to Vent, & now you have. I hope it helps. Prayers sent for all your troubles.
Get out with Shawn, & let it all out!

Back