Callalente July 4th weekend...

This felt worst than it looks, I backed up and hung the rock, which rolled and lifted me in an odd way. Had the wife and kids in the jeep, unloaded them and backed off with out issue.
river banks,calliente 013.jpg

Thanks to who ever sent this to me. "Rock Hugger"

yea i was told that the mtn Empire was the place to be sat night.
Yep. I think Granny had a blast too!
It was cool to hear about the history of our hobby from someone who has lived it.
Pleased to have met you Don.
Later, Paul...AKA Badass :beer:

Well all I can say is that I had a blast! It was good to see some old faces that I hadn't seen in a while. It was nice to put some new faces to thier screen names.

Don (Granny)...I hope we didn't get on your nerves too bad Sat. night. I'm just really glad we didn't burn the Hotel down or one of our rigs.

Thanks to the B-day boy (Paul) for cooking all of the food Sat. night. It hit the spot. Also, ol'jeeps should thank you parking where you did. If you hadn't, he may still be running to catch up with his body.

I was amazed at undergrowth is starting to take over some of the trails. Our group could've used one of those vertical side-mount mowers in the lead vehicle both days. The Amour-All trail has changed alot since Dylan W., Mike H. and I started it many moons ago on a scouting trip. The first exit at the stump was the only exit then.

Don (Granny)...I hope we didn't get on your nerves too bad Sat. night. I'm just really glad we didn't burn the Hotel down or one of our rigs.

Not at all! Next time you see Darlene (hopefully at Toy Run), ask her if y'all got on my nerves... I'll let her tell that story. :)

The only thing that has me puzzled is the comment Paul made about me and the history lesson. I can't seem to connect the dots on that one. :confused:

Looking forward to August! :beer:

I think the history behind the way we ride!!! We love to ride no matter what we do!!! Not all of us do extreme all the time some of our rigs ain't for that!!! LOL Really enjoyed the 4th weekend, looking forward to the toy run!!! Hope to meet your wife, Granny!!!

You damn right!
And the "Badass" trail lived up to it's name. Violent.
Later dude, Paul...

Is Badass a new trail or is it just a different name for a trail that has been around for a while? What/where is the 'hidden trail'?

Badass isn't on the map. It appears to have been an old logging trail. As far as how to get there I couldn't tell you. lol It's pretty overgrown and didn't look like it had been traveled in quite some time. Here's a shot from the trail:

ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv325_cltdba_Callalantee_July_204th_202010_20Weekend_PICT0068.jpg

Is Badass a new trail or is it just a different name for a trail that has been around for a while? What/where is the 'hidden trail'?

It's on the back side by the a.r.o.c. rock garden.

The Delorme map that I posted up was a GPS map. Ol'jeeps has been mapping Callalantee too. Maybe he has something ready?

The Delorme map that I posted up was a GPS map. Ol'jeeps has been mapping Callalantee too. Maybe he has something ready?
Nice meeting you cltdba & riding with you guy's!!!Ya we covered alot ground sat...Got see more Mtn City than I ever have. Ya between olejeeps,granny,john b we where in good hands:driver:

I 'bout always upload the current gps'd updates to the map to the BDB site, map page. Badass not on there yet.

Badass trail is a nearly grown over, nearly dry, uncleared creek bed! Always seems to be a sage to traverse it! LOL!:rolleyes:

Back