Callalantee observation

What is the significance of the different trail colors on the map? I see the same colors in different locations. Also are some of the trails there "ATV only"? I ask, because we got down on a trail last Saturday that suddenly got real narrow and looked like it had only been run with ATV's. We ended up turning around before we got in to deep.

Yes there are multiple branches of the same trail that have the same color right now. Like Yellow is now two complete trails from the tower or number 49 down to the green trail and the two branches meet at one point. White has a number of branches as well. Yes it is confusing, we need to work with the management to work out a new trail naming convention. We can go with letters/ numbers or names and then use the color code to define how hard it is. That would mean we would have to re-mark all the existing trails and then move on to new trails. The greenish color trails (49-12 for example) are trails we have mapped but not given a name or color.

All the trails on the map have been riden over with my TJ and I can't remember any of them being too narrow for me. Some areas had a lot of hanging growth (summertime) but the trail itself was wide enough.

Back