booger job on a new winch

kaiser715

Doing hard time
It's taken about a month so far to swap out the burned up Warn for a HF 12k. Finally got back on it today. Pretty much done except for a couple of loose ends on the wiring.

I didn't like the control box sitting on top. Because of the way it sits down in my bumper, you can't see how the rope is spooling because the control box covers the whole top of the winch. So, I decided to remote-mount the control box (everything comes in the box to do this). But, it was kinda big and unwieldy, and there wasn't anywhere it would fit and look decent. So, I decided to gut it and do something better/different. After looking at the chicom contactor in the HF, and then the Albright contactor I had recently swapped into the warn, I decided to just get rid of the HF electrics and use the Albright. The wireless remote control box I had added to the Warn was already set up and wired in under the dash, so I decided there was no reason to keep the HF stuff.

Ended up, I made a bracket to hold the contactor near the winch, and made up some short cables to go from contactor to winch. The original Warn plastic solenoid cover will do for now.

I also added a 500amp continuous duty solenoid near the battery so the whole winch circuit is dead until I flip it on.

I do plan to fix up a cover of some sort to keep the UV's off the line.

20230901_183809.jpg

20230901_183820.jpg

20230901_183825.jpg

20230901_183903.jpg

20230901_183852.jpg

Back