Bolts

spykosshow

Anyone have a good place to get grade 8 bolts? I need two for the bellhousing of my aw4. I'm in north raleigh, so the closer the better.

i usually get mine at the local ACE hardware. the one here has a great selection and usually enough for my project, unlike lowes that only has 2 or 3 in the size i need.

Duane

Wilder's nut and bolt. Shouldn't be far from you. They have EVERYTHING.

Yea, wilders is like 15 minutes from me. I'll head out there if they don't have what I'm looking for at ace. I've determined that I need a grade 5.1 bolt.

It might just be me, but I will not go into fastenal for anything. I can not tell you how many customers they screw over, I hear it once a week :(

BTW do they still have a minimal charge?

another vote for wilder's. everything! you can't look around but bring one in and they get it for you. except for left handed jam nuts for a chevy tre

Fastenal is my go-to store. I wont go anywhere else anymore. The new remodeled store on S. Saunders they have everything, and I have always gotten good service from them. Their prices are a bit higher but im willing to pay it for the product and service im looking for. I dont believe they have a minimal charge, cause I went there a few times and only spent under $5.

It might just be me, but I will not go into fastenal for anything. I can not tell you how many customers they screw over, I hear it once a week :(
BTW do they still have a minimal charge?

http://www.rigging.net/Bolts.html
It's the bolt with 3 lines at 90 degrees to each other.

Basically the same as a grade 5, which is anywhere. Auto parts stores, lowes, or a real fastener house.

I *try* to use grade 8 anytime I buy bolts, even if the strength is not required... Only a little more, and quite a bit stronger.

Anyone have a good place to get grade 8 bolts? I need two for the bellhousing of my aw4. I'm in north raleigh, so the closer the better.

Grade 8 (or now you're wanting a Grade 5) with an AW4, so I'm GUESSING this is behind a I-6 (Chrysler)Jeep Engine right? and you need a standard bolt? Might you be needing a Metric bolt for that modern Jeep? I'm not certain but I think they are metric, assuming is is behind a 4.0L.

Basically the same as a grade 5, which is anywhere. Auto parts stores, lowes, or a real fastener house.
I *try* to use grade 8 anytime I buy bolts, even if the strength is not required... Only a little more, and quite a bit stronger.
Quoted for truth. I've recently started buying only grade 8 bolts. I usually buy more than a need and keep the extra in a card catalog I bought just for stuff like that. I don't want to be stuck with grade 5 crap when I need grade 8 so I only buy the good stuff. Also, grade 8 is typically less prone to rusting.

grade 8.8 is about the same as a grade 5 if you want strength in a metric try a 10.9

How many do you need ?

I was gonna look at work, we might have them there.

You're better off with what you have, the right part for the job.

That sucks, we have all three pitchs of 10 mm bolts :( and they are grade 8 (we slack in the other sizes, only two of the three pitchs for each size above 6)

Call me next time at work and I will check for you

919 688 4321

Lauren, where is the store again?

Back