Blind squirrel still gets a nut on occasion

rbo1577186

About a month ago we had an alarm installed in our home. Installer thinks he lost his wedding ring in our attic. He said he could have lost it anywhere that morning, but He checks out the attic the best he could before he had to go to his next job. Told him if he wanted to get a metal detector and search he could.

Anyway he came back today because we had a problem with the phone system. While he is here we look around again, you can see everywhere he was working because the insulation was ruffled a bit. After 10 minutes or so, he gave up. Well I already had my cordless light out charging insulation already on me so , what the hell I'll look around. I sifted through insulation for around an hour or so and was ready to call it quits. I thought I would check near the light switch, and behold in the bars of our old dog crate was his wedding ring.

Moral of the story.... Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while. If it was in our attic, I thought it was gone forever in the insulation.

I have done my good deed for the day, now back to being evil.....

I talked to him, he's gonna pick it up this afternoon.

You 2 guys are cold as hell........ It's OK though, I'm driving the bus down.

I talked to him, he's gonna pick it up this afternoon.
You 2 guys are cold as hell........ It's OK though, I'm driving the bus down.

Well, we all know that you just made a buddy (and probably free phone hookup too) for life.
That's worth more than you'd get for the ring.

Wanna be real cold? Call his wife...tell her your found it...on the nightstand at a budget motel. :D

Have I got horns now??

law suit or the fact it was getting caught on things. I know alot of people who have there finger D-ringed (skin torn off) by getting there ring caught on something and ripped off

what company, if you dont mind me asking?

and was his name ryan?

Most guys that work with electricity or work on cars learn real fast not to ware a ring. I have a bud with a ring mark burnt around his finger from changeing a batt in a car.

I wear mine at Xmas and her family functions..otherwise I'd rip my finger off at work.
Years ago before I was married and one of my buddies was. We went out to a bar one night and he decided to be slick and take his off. He put it on his watch band so he wouldn't lose it. On the way home he went to take it off the watch band, dropped it on the dash and we watched it disappear into the defrost vents. I laughed hystericaly , told him I knew taking it off was a bad idea and karma has gotten his ass. He was sweating most of the ride home. The last turn we went around before we reached his house, we heard something roll out on the floor. There it was , I never seen such a look of relief on someones face. I'm pretty sure he's never taken it off again or at least not over the dash.

I don't think he took it off, it somehow slipped off. He was pulling wire/making connections in the attic. He wasn't sure if he lost it washing coffee mugs at work (down the drain) or in the work van or what. Name wasn't Ryan.

I don't even wear a watch. When I have in the past it get snagged somewhere and I'll replace the band 3-4 times a year.

Back