Bird Sh!tting On Cars

This shit is for the birds!
40a19580f6b8a91ba2da559c586dc8a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That paint job is the problem, looks like a mirror of the car and the garage. I think the birds will continue to assault their reflections if it's parked outside. If it had a matte paint job they would leave it alone.

That paint job is the problem, looks like a mirror of the car and the garage. I think the birds will continue to assault their reflections if it's parked outside. If it had a matte paint job they would leave it alone.
Yeah I understand that. It's not just that truck. They have done it to all the vehicles. Even my dirt jeep that they definitely cant see their reflection in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Even my dirt jeep that they definitely cant see their reflection in

Dress them up in ratty clothing, and put red wigs on them. Then they won't be attracted to their reflections at ALL :cool:

They are territorial, that's why they attack their reflection. Usually mockingbirds. I have no good ideas to add though but do let us know how the wife does with the snakes!

Why are we not chooting the fuggers?

Everyone is saying the mirrors but the birds at my camper attack the windows all around it and also the windows on my dually. I’m due to wash the whole camper and my truck is a shorty mess all around the cab. I’m tempted to go get a rescue cat except I’d shoot that bastard too cause I hate having them walk around on vehicles!

They are attacking the reflections in mirrors, glass, and shiny metal. Snakes on cars, ribbon type wind things, treble hooks on shepherds hooks, ;) helium balloons, anything to get them away. Once they learn they won't be as persistent.

It could be worse.........

I remember I met an old man while working in rural, north durham. He had a farm and a brick house w a carport. I was surveying the road when he pulled in the carport. He got out of the car and covered the chrome bumpers on his car w some custom made naugahyde covers. He came down to ask about what we were doing. In conversation I asked about the covers. He asked me If I had seen his Turkeys, I had not. He said he had some of the non wild turkeys roaming his farm. He told me the tom's would attack their reflections in the bumpers and were chipping the chrome!. He said he saw one hit the bumper so hard it fell dead on the driveway. He went to go get a shovel to bury the bird. When he came back the bird stumbled to it's feet, walked around like it was drunk for a while, and went right back to attack the bumper again. He said the Toms were breaking their beaks on the bumpers and that's why he covered them.

It could be worse.........

I remember I met an old man while working in rural, north durham. He had a farm and a brick house w a carport. I was surveying the road when he pulled in the carport. He got out of the car and covered the chrome bumpers on his car w some custom made naugahyde covers. He came down to ask about what we were doing. In conversation I asked about the covers. He asked me If I had seen his Turkeys, I had not. He said he had some of the non wild turkeys roaming his farm. He told me the tom's would attack their reflections in the bumpers and were chipping the chrome!. He said he saw one hit the bumper so hard it fell dead on the driveway. He went to go get a shovel to bury the bird. When he came back the bird stumbled to it's feet, walked around like it was drunk for a while, and went right back to attack the bumper again. He said the Toms were breaking their beaks on the bumpers and that's why he covered them.

So I guess humans are not the only species to act absolutely insane trying to keep some poonanny for just themselves

Maybe buy a metal carport?
An open ended carport will just give those damn flappers a place to nest. Ask me how I know.

@ncsutj I got the owl with a moving head last year and it has really thinned out the flocks of shitting birds that use to be around my house. The trick is to move it around every couple of days so it'll freak out all the more stubborn birds.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, it could be worse...
We have an area up here around a dam where there's a parking lot for the trails, where a lot of vultures hang out.
They tend to swoop down and pick out the rubber weatherstripping around people's door frames and windshield. There's even signs warning about it. Happened to one of my friends while he was there only a couple of hours... next time it rained he had water just gushing into his truck.

Back