Big Street Driven JK

I guess I should have explained everything since this seems to be a big deal for some people so ill briefly explain....
The drag link mounts roughly 7" off the center of the balljoint on the factory axle. We wanted to keep the same amount of leverage on the knuckle so it would steer the same as it did stock since this is a street rig. The drag link is about 1/16" alway from the tracbar bracket at full lock making it difficult to move the drag link back on the highsteer arm to allow enough room for a additional joint on that HSA. So for us to keep similar measurements between the axles we set it up the way we did plus there isn't any room. Also the draglink is mounted below the high steer arm to keep proper alignment with the tracbar. Hope that helps.

I was asking about the tie rod, not the drag link, the tie rod has no affect on geometry. Just wondered why you would purposely make it lower/more vulnerable?

I'll say again, there's no room and I don't think he's going to hit any curbs with it. The tie rod will effect the geometry if it causes me to move the drag link back to fit the tie rod on the hsa. I never had any intentions of putting high steer on this Jeep from day one and I didn't order the axles with a passenger side arm, Matt happened to throw it on.

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

Back