Betsy's Build

With the torch we heated up the .25 wall tubing for the trac bar and put two bends in the tube. Here it is cut to length with the threaded tube inserts.
20120108_6.jpg

One end welded up.
20120108_7.jpg

I also got the passenger fender tube bent and installed.
20120108_8.jpg

Good to see you still have the jeep. I guess this makes you and I the only ones that I can remember who still have the same rig since high school.

Jeep is looking good!

Scott

Good to see you still have the jeep. I guess this makes you and I the only ones that I can remember who still have the same rig since high school.
Jeep is looking good!
Scott

Close- I got this jeep my first year in college. I had a white 88 YJ my senior year of high school. Good to hear from you. This one has gone through several transformations.

Close- I got this jeep my first year in college. I had a white 88 YJ my senior year of high school. Good to hear from you. This one has gone through several transformations.
I remember that YJ and when you got the TJ. Mini HS reunion in here...
Ah...you jogged my memory. I remember Todd driving that YJ now.
That's a bit of a stretch to say it's the same rig from high school. What's still the same, the frame and a bit of the interior?

Got some work accomplished this week.

Cut the tire carrier off of the rear bumper and filled in the holes.
20120118_1.jpg

Here is the bumper painted and mounted. Also hooked up the LED backup lights.
20120118_2.jpg

Burned in the rear frame control arm brackets.
20120118_3.jpg

Worked on the filling in the holes in the rear floorboard.

Here is the posterboard template in position.
20120119_1.jpg

Here is the template flat ready to be transferred to the flat stock of metal.
20120119_2.jpg

Here is the patch panel during welding.
20120119_3.jpg

Driver Side- coated with spray on truck bed coating.
20120119_4.jpg

Passenger Side-
20120119_5.jpg

Nice job!

Last week, I dropped the 14 bolt off at East Coast Gear Supply. They installed the ARB the same day.
20120123_1.jpg

I got the Genright Comp fuel tank installed.
20120123_3.jpg

20120123_2.jpg

I burned in the threaded inserts in the rear arms and painted them.
20120123_4.jpg

What are you going to do for reverse lights if any? I need to figure out what to do on my bed.

If you look closely you will see my reverse lights in the rear bumper. They are white LED lights. I recessed them into the bumper and used a short piece of tubing welded around the outside for protection. They work great- very bright.

Scott

The other night I braced up the transfercase where it had to be notched for the rear control arm frame brackets. Also, got it painted.
20120128_1.jpg

I built the rear parking brake bracket to use a Wildwood slave cylinder.
Beginning stages-
20120128_2.jpg

Further along-
20120128_3.jpg

Ready to be installed-
20120128_4.jpg

Installed in open position-
20120128_5.jpg

Closed position. The parking brake cable has a 1" throw. The slave cylinder has a 1.4" stroke. With the placement of the pivot point the movement of both match up great.
20120128_6.jpg

Realized a week ago that my jeep in in the header bar of NC4x4 as one of the snow pictures- very cool.

Today I worked on the front fenders.
Here is the support bar installed with the tire at full flex, full turn.
20120129_1.jpg

Passenger side-
20120129_2.jpg

Driver side with axle at ride height and rock rail cut to match.
20120129_3.jpg

Here is how the jeep will sit for a while.
20120129_4.jpg

I won't be able to work on it for 3 weeks. This week, I am getting ready/packed for the trip to KOH. Then, we are gone for 11 days at KOH! When I get back we have to get ready for Blair's birthday party so the garage is getting a deep cleaning.

In the pic above you can barely see the ladder...garage door opener went out tonight. All of the PLASTIC gears inside are stripped. Have a rebuild kit ordered. Hope it gets here before KOH for my wife's sake!

It has been 4.5 weeks since I have worked on the jeep. Went to KOH (awesome), Wife's 30th Birthday and the Daytona 500.

Tonight I worked on the passenger side fender. I took a piece of flat stock and put a 90 brake in it to fill in the side. Sorry for the crappy pic- my camera died in KOH, too much sand. I need to get a new 'shop camera'.
20120229_1.jpg

Back