Best way to remove trim mounding

JNO

I want to take this mounding off, is the best way a heat gun and will it look stupid
DCCD3C1C-632E-4116-9911-4E3FE16D4D9A.png

Ford uses a double sided black adhesive strip the entire length. A heat gun will soften it and a very fine piano wire. Be prepared to buff and polish though cause that strip of paint will not match the rest of the truck after being “hidden” all this time.

Last edited:
Yep do to age your gonna have a stripe that will love to come back. The rest of the truck has aged differently. Unless you like annual details that include buffing I'd leave it. Maybe a pro and ceramic coat will make it last.

Edit: I'd drop the letters on the hood first.....no self respecting paw paw would run that mess.

Yep do to age your gonna have a stripe that will love to come back. The rest of the truck has aged differently. Unless you like annual details that include buffing I'd leave it. Maybe a pro and ceramic coat will make it last.

Edit: I'd drop the letters on the hood first.....no self respecting paw paw would run that mess.
🤣🤣 very true, the only reason o want to take them off is they are starting to let go next to the front fenders and they are starting to bow out

Back