Best truck bed/body?

maulcruiser

My dad is wanting an aftermarket bed for his 2023 Chevy 3500 C&C. He needs it to be able to accept a B&W fifth wheel, have storage boxes underneath, and preferably be aluminum. He does not want a flat bed. He has an order in with Bradford, but they're likely to not have one in NC until April. He's not much of a fan of CM. Any suggestions?

My J&I Mfg. bed has over 1 million miles on it, and still doing great after 18 years... despite the first 970K miles being operated by Neanderthals... very long story short: was brand new when installed on a 2004 F-450 that spent it days between east TN & various western oilfield states dragging huge 45' enclosed GNs (woefully overloaded) peddling PPE, then to the 2nd F-550 before they realized 500K all a 6.0L would live for them and purchased 3rd hand for a song

Unfortunately doesn't appear they do al-u-minium :(

I have a CM on mine, and no complaints about it. I liked the way the headache rack matched the lines of the body, so that's why I went with them, but here's a few other options:

Eby is another option. Personally, I can't stand the way they look, but Chevy guys seem to like them:

martins truck bodies are top notch.
Home - Martin Truck Bodies, Inc.
Somebody mentioned them in the C&C Ram FB group earlier this week, and I really like their skirted beds. They actually have usably large toolboxes. And I just noticed the slick auxiliary tank at the front. Thats what I want to build into the front of my bed so I have 30-40 gallons to fuel the tractors, but dont' lose much bed space.
1670430834386.png

Back