Best tow rig tire

That's not my customers average experience which tire are you running. Mostly highway or short distance. Jw.

LTX A/T 2
I drive a shit ton. 70k+/yr.

Lot of highway, lot of in town stop and go and regularly towing

SRW
crew short
F250

Had a set just like them. They were on the truck when I bought them, I put 60k on them (they werent new when I got the truck) and only took them off because of an unfortunate drifting incident inspired by hop soda that involved resulted int eh e brake locking up and flat spotting one..

LTX A/T 2
I drive a shit ton. 70k+/yr.

Lot of highway, lot of in town stop and go and regularly towing
I had those on my 1500 dodge ram. Wore well for me but the compound was definately softer due to depth of treads etc. My main beef with those was how spongy they were new. Had to get to about 1/2 tread before I liked how they handled. These Michelin M/S I run now though remind me how Michelin got it's reputation. Definately more of a highway tire but was solid in the snow and ice we just had.

I have a 2009 tundra double cab and I have switched from the BFG's to the Nitto terra Grapplers. I run the E rated tires at 55-60psi and I got over 70k on the last set, rotating every oil change. The few people I have seen that don't get good life out of these tires were running standard pressures in a E rated tire. Just put on my 3rd set at 142k miles. And they were $500 less than the BFGs .

The few people I have seen that don't get good life out of these tires were running standard pressures

Well, that factors in to some extent, but so does weight. What's that Tundra weigh? 6k? I'm putting twice as much weight on my tires as you are. And I get about half as many miles out of a set.

Well, that factors in to some extent, but so does weight. What's that Tundra weigh? 6k? I'm putting twice as much weight on my tires as you are. And I get about half as many miles out of a set.
I put about twice as much throttle on my tires, and I get about 1/4 the miles. But if I'm gonna pay $4/gallon, by golly I'm gonna enjoy it!:driver::burnout:

Anyone have any experience with the General Grabber AT 2?

I'm looking for new tires for my F350; considering the Generals over the BFG AT as they are $300 less for the set for the same size and same load rating.

Last edited:
I'll second that. The Cooper at3 is the best street a/t tire I've ever ran or sold.

Not available in a high load rating for a 17" wheel... :(

Got to go to 16s, 18s, or 20s.

Here's a list of AT3's 17's in E

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395318847677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395318847677.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 280
I think I already mentioned the Cooper AT3...but I'll mention them again :D

I know this probably isn't a size that many of yall are running, but it's what I would imagine would be a generic size for something like a 2500HD. Not a bad price at all, 17/32 tread, 55k warranty, and 3415 lbs per tire on a 265/75-16. Not bad.

http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/90000002723.html

Here's a 275/65-18 like the OP was talking about.
http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/90000002741.html

I've run those on a 1500 and liked them. Below is how I'd rate the tires I've run recently on value vs ride.

Michellin M/S - one of the best tires I've run and these were used.
Cooper AT3 - great value looking back

Michellin AT2 - so durable they started dry rotting with tons of tread left but squishy handling until 1/3 worn.

Michellin AT2 - so durable they started dry rotting with tons of tread left but squishy handling until 1/3 worn.
Michelin had some major issues in the past decade with dryrotting tires. My wife's ZJ had some LTX M/S with about 15k miles on them and 2 years old, and the darn things had so much dry rot and cracking that I made my father in law take them back to where he got them. They ended up honoring the warranty based on treadwear and gave us about 80% of the value back towards another set of Michelins. Can't beat that.

I just bought a truck that has some michelin a/t 2's on it. They are getting close to the wear bars and they are getting pretty dry rotted. I am thinking that I am going to go with the michelin m/s 2's once I hit the wear bars.

Back