Best place to get new centers for hummer beadlocks?

It's an alloy. They're not particularly flammable, so long as you're careful.
If you don't smooth off the edges, it cuts the inside of the tire.

Really?

I know they are an alloy, but I personally caught the band saw at my work on fire while cutting these.....the dust is especially flammable. We also threw the left over chunks in a burn barrel one night and they burned really nice..........I would say that it is advisible to at least take caution when cutting and grinding these. Also the dust is particularly harmful to breathe.....:huggy:

Yea the dust is really bad for you, just like aluminum. As for the dust, it catches fire fairly easily, although I couldn't get it to light with a lighter. It lit right up with a propane torch. I am going to make a cover for the bandsaw motor when I cut the rest of the runflats. I will experiment with the dust some more next time I cut one up :)

My neighbors really liked me burning the dust in my driveway. I tried to order my centers from stazworks and they sent me to 6x6. Said that he had the best deal on pressed centers. Of course if I was going flat centers I wouldn't order from 6x6.

Really?
I know they are an alloy, but I personally caught the band saw at my work on fire while cutting these

Yeah, I shouldn't have said what I did. What I meant was that they're not like flares or anything -- the simple act of grinding on them isn't going to cause them to light off. But it was misleading.

Yup... and when i cut mine down and cleaned them up with the grinder.. I clean up the chunks i cut off, and swept up my mess after each one to minimize any possible issues..

Also did it out side to avoid any house burning mytube postings...

I ordered some re-centering and rock rings from Greatlakes offroad. IIRC the rock rings were $125. and centers were $40. ea. I will post a pic Monday
yo these just have the rock rings and are for the dually front. gotta buy some 42's so I can unmount my 39.5's to recenter rears

Attachments

• hummer's.jpg
    hummer's.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 358
I am going to go with copperheadfab.com

USA 6x6 is backordered, and he wasn't sure when they would arrive, said he has been saying a week or two since the last of December. He has all the centers but the 8-lug.

Copperheadfab.com only makes the flat ones, but will cut them in any pattern I want, and for a good price for sure. I will either have to grind a little on the rear calipers (in a location that can be ground w/o strength loss), or run a 1/4" spacer. I may just grind (or mill) the caliper, because my lugs are not really long enough.

Now I just need to figure out a cool pattern for the wheels :)

Flat ones bend.
Very easily.

Yup, seen 1/4" thick flat centers bend badly.

Stump has flat centers from Great Lake off road on his new hummer rims, but they are 1/2" thick.

What about Stazworks? The centers in my TR's are 3/8" pressed from him, and I don't see 'em bending anytime soon.

copperhead fab is ALOT cheaper. They will cut any design I want (which will be custom), out of 3/8" steel for $35 each. Last I checked, Stazworks is like $65 each.

Where is Copperhead fab located?

Are the Stazworks centers dished/pressed?

Why not put in some flat ones and weld some ribs or bracing onto them?

3/8" plate bends. Easily. If you don't mind having 2" of variable caster/toe, then go for it.

Even the dished ones that Staz sells. You can't take that much material out and then expect that little extra bit of section depth to matter any.

3/8" plate bends. Easily. If you don't mind having 2" of variable caster/toe, then go for it.

Even the dished ones that Staz sells. You can't take that much material out and then expect that little extra bit of section depth to matter any.

Where are you getting this info?

My own two eyeballs.

Must have been a passenger.

Well, ya know how it goes. Better to see firsthand the faults in the design, and then go find a better way.

It saves me the heartache of finding out I blew a bunch of cash on some crappy wheels.

Back