belly up!

You don't have problems with it moving like that? I take it there isn't a torque arm on the tcase anywhere. What's the gearing in the case?

IME, if my cases were only retained like that, the far end of the tcase would be hitting things every time I got in and out of the gas - either the skid or the tub, etc.

The two bushings like Bud shows is a bit more eccentric than my transmission mount (single, centered, solid mount), but I'm not *that* far from the motor mounts, and the drivetrain would flop around if not for the torque arm on the tcase.

Update - took mah junk to Texas (Katemcy Rocks) and beat on it pretty hard on some seriously high traction surfaces.

Broke/damaged 3 earlier Newfields, 1 long side inner axle shaft, steering box is done (won't turn left), and the front locker is a spool now (I think I broke the pins when the axle shaft let go).

BUT, the skid worked GREAT.. took a major beating with lots of hits and didn't bend.. the driveline was not treated nicely either... from being very bound up, to some tire smoking, to pre-running back to camp, I wasn't kind.

I'd say the ring is a complete success, Bud. ;)

Haven't even touched it yet... I think this is a good time for an upgrade..

But after watching some minitrucks with 30 spline Longfields BEAT their rigs with 40+" tires (one guy had 44's) and survive, I'm wanting to stick with Toyota stuff because I'm hard-headed.

I'm trying to buy a new engine for my junk though, it likes to run on 7 cylinders lately.

i got a good 305 long block you can have... need a pan and head etc.. but it will run... let me know i can toss it on the truck tonight... 20$ gasket set you'll be back running...

Back