Being Sick Sucks

NC_Mog

Eurotrash Driver
Been running 101 to 103F temperature for two days in a row. This really bites, especially when your sick time and vacation are all rolled into PTO time. This cuts into 4-wheelin' trips and family vacations. Just needed to vent my frustration.

Sucks much ass being sick.....was stuck @ home for 3-months w/ chemo, drives you nuts not being able to work/get out on top of feelin' crappy.

I hope you feel better soon!

Go to the doc. I never go, but did after the 3rd day of fever. I started on the fever Sat a week ago, spent 1st three days passed out. Turns out I had influenza A -- and I got the shot back in October, and the shots were for "A" this year. :( Got Tamiflu and some other stuff, got me straight pretty quick. Lots of people are having this turn into bronchitis or even pneumonia, so watch out for your lungs.

I have been out of work for about 1.5 months. Had pneumonia, and pleural effusion (fluid/ infection outside the lung) layed in the hospital for 8 days, had 3 tubes in my side draining fluid till about 2 weeks ago. Feeling pretty good now.

Bad thing is when we take FMLA they automatically take all your vacation and sick time, so I'm screwed for the rest of the year. But at least i still have a job.

Bad thing is when we take FMLA they automatically take all your vacation and sick time, so I'm screwed for the rest of the year. But at least i still have a job.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty f'd up...

Hey Kimball.. need me to keep the CTD's batteries charged for ya? :driver:

Damn guys. You make me feel better just letting me know how bad it can be. No tubes coming out of me. And chemo...won't wish that on anyone. I donated bone marrow to a boy and he related his chemo experience to me. What a tough little dude he was.

Its day 4 and the fever is starting to back off. Went to the doc and got the GOOD cough medicine. Allowed me to sleep more than I had in the last several days. Before I saw the doc, my fever spiked at 104. :kaioken: Jumped in the shower to keep from cooking my brain.

Thanks for the offer Rich, but I need to keep what little tread I have left on my rear tires till I can get lined up for some new ones.

Back