before there was ECORS

Jweezy

DD/Hauler(kids,groceries)

this is awesome....

future of a class!?

That makes my neck hurt just watching it...

obviously before XJs were cheap and plentiful

How is that before ECORS? :flipoff2:

ouch for sure. At least alot of the guys are wearing neck rolls.

My money would be on the exo-ed Zuki.

How is that before ECORS? :flipoff2:

ouch for sure. At least alot of the guys are wearing neck rolls.

My money would be on the exo-ed Zuki.

hell i didnt even look at the date til you pointed it out. lol just looked like a old vid. my son(3) was searching for monster trucks and found this...

I think there was a no shock rule....

i was telling mike today, if someone would do a build like this for ecors..... would work well imo

B.E.L. type racing! Haven't seen that in years. To all you young guy's, you have to stop and chug a beer every lap!:beer:

i was telling mike today, if someone would do a build like this for ecors..... would work well imo
The day that Rob and Ron allow 2WD trucks in ECORS, I can promise you that MarsFab will be coming out with a long travel IFS truck to race.

There was a guy at the (2nd?) 4x4cross race at ure stables that drove a 2wd baja'd out long travel taco and did alright if I remember correctly, but not great. Build a ttb truck!

I had flashbacks of the tuff truck from the stables where the guy got hurt....
and Braxton that truck was fast....

TTB does typically have more travel. I'll give you that. But put TTB against IFS in anything other than the desert and IFS will prevail. TTB can't take hard hits with rocks as well as IFS.
Any of you guys ever get to look this truck over when it was at URE? Looks like a nice setup from what I can tell from the short clip. Go to the 8 minute mark.

TTB does typically have more travel. I'll give you that. But put TTB against IFS in anything other than the desert and IFS will prevail. TTB can't take hard hits with rocks as well as IFS.
Any of you guys ever get to look this truck over when it was at URE? Looks like a nice setup from what I can tell from the short clip. Go to the 8 minute mark.

That looks like your standard socal bro truck with some extra wide control arms. I'm talking about 4wd TTB though, I've seen a few that would destroy an A class course as long as you could keep it in one piece.

Yea I know the Ford's IFS not TTB. It appears to be running co's and bypasses plus trailing arms. That race was at the stables and I can't find anyone who knows the owner of that truck. A truck like that around here is not common by any means.

TTB is cool and gives you gobs of wheel travel but it isn't durable enough for the type of racing we do. Each wheel is supported by only 2 pivots on the frame. Driving a tire head on into a rock one radius arm has to support the impact and transfer it back into the frame. Not to mention the terrible caster, toe and camber changes through the range of travel. Imagine trying to rock crawl at speed with one wheel bumped at 10* + caster and 15* - camber and the other wheel drooped out is at 15* - caster and 20* + camber. Talk about fighting with the steering wheel and going through wheel bearings and steering heims with the quickness.

IFS can be built to have almost the same amount of travel but you have options like making the front mount of the lower control arm higher than the rear mount so the front tires glance over rocks instead of transfering all that energy into the chassis OR designing the upper arms so that the knuckles have 0 caster change relative to each other or using a little body roll to plant the outside AND inside tire to the ground in a corner. Not to mention that each front tire will have 4 mounts to the frame for much more strength. I could go on and on about the pro's of IFS vs. TTB but I think you get my point and I'm sure this is all a matter of opinion. Some guys just like TTB just as I like IFS, but I think they both have their place.

Oh yeah, I was only speaking in terms of making the long travel work with 4wd within any sort of budget. Long travel 4wd A arm suspensions are far more expensive than a ford axle. That is a sweet truck but it would do terribly in B or C class unless it had a really fast winch.

Yea it's definitely not built for rock racing thats for sure, A class might be a different story the way the tracks have been this year.
Very true it's not cheap to make a nice IFS 4x4.

Back