Beatin XJ

strangely the most dangerous thing shown in this vid didnt involve the xj...

If you must use incinerates to seat a bead at least have the decency to remove the valve core so the potential excess pressuire has somewhere to go....:rolleyes:

Other than that:wheel: :beer: :beer: :wheel:

If you must use incinerates to seat a bead at least have the decency to remove the valve core so the potential excess pressuire has somewhere to go....:rolleyes:

When we used starting fluid to seat one of my SX's, the tire had no pressure in it afterwards, though I was told to remove the valve core so the tire doesn't unseat itself again after it cools.

I know for sure that we had to inflate the tire to get it back to 10psi.. YMMV.

When we used starting fluid to seat one of my SX's, the tire had no pressure in it afterwards, though I was told to remove the valve core so the tire doesn't unseat itself again after it cools.
I know for sure that we had to inflate the tire to get it back to 10psi.. YMMV.

I worked in a truck shop throughout hisgh school.
Starting fluid was about the only way with the resources they had to seat beads. The head mechanic who was an old grumudgeoan (sp?) type always told us to pull the cores...all us kids (tires mountings were fairly tough manual labor always left to the young ones) knew better and didnt listen. I saw the results first hand...not pretty. Now in the sake of honesty the guy used WAY too much fluid I assume that would have an effect. But yeah we alwasy had to add air afterwards, but it was a matter as I was told of all the pressure building in one spot.

Didnt understand that then, or now. But after said tire played dynamite, we listen to most everything Mr. Tom said.

Again just my expeirence

I saw the results first hand...not pretty. Now in the sake of honesty the guy used WAY too much fluid I assume that would have an effect. But yeah we alwasy had to add air afterwards, but it was a matter as I was told of all the pressure building in one spot.
Didnt understand that then, or now. But after said tire played dynamite, we listen to most everything Mr. Tom said.
Again just my expeirence

Point well taken..

"Big-badda-boom"

Good thing to do with a jeep. (I did a lot of stuff like that to my first vehicle, an '83 yota,) And after I rolled it down an embankment, I sold it 2 weeks later for $2200. Still running. Probably to this day. It dogtracked from the owner before me twisting the front spring mount. Never hit any cars with it, but managed to hit a few trees. Broke a rancho shock one day but it just kept on goin'. What a great first vehicle. No horsepower and damn near bullet-proof! Ah, the good ol' days.

Back