Barnes?

R Q

Has anyone had any dealings with Barnes lately? I called 3 times on Monday 3/11 and emailed also but finally sent my order online so some stuff could get here and they were able to take my money and send a confirmation email but they still haven't returned my call or email yet. I even paid for 2 day shipping because I waited too late to order but they have not updated my order yet.

Has anyone had any dealings with Barnes lately? I called 3 times on Monday 3/11 and emailed also but finally sent my order online so some stuff could get here and they were able to take my money and send a confirmation email but they still haven't returned my call or email yet. I even paid for 2 day shipping because I waited too late to order but they have not updated my order yet.
I placed several orders around Thanksgiving and Christmas, some for backordered items, and received everything timely.

I generally try to avoid getting involved in work things on here, but I figure I need to respond to this. I work at Barnes and have for the past 9 years, I am the head of new product development. I want to start off by saying I am not making excuses, I am only trying to give some insight on what is going on. I want to apologize to anyone and everyone that has been waiting on an order or couldn't get through on the phone. We have had somewhat of a perfect storm for the last month or so that has buried us in orders like we have never been before. Demand has increased by a huge amount and we have had lots of issues with people being out sick and leaving for other opportunity's. We are in the process of doing everything we can to try and catch up we have hired at least 5 new people in the warehouse in the last 2 weeks, and started a second shift. My entire crew and me that should be designing new products have been out in the warehouse trying to help get orders out. As was said above customer service is down 2 people this week, we should have 1 of those people back next week, that should help with the phone coverage and email response. If some of you folks on here run into and order that hasn't shipped or have a question that hasn't been answered shoot me a PM and I will dig in to it on Monday. Long story short bear with us, once we get some staffing issues sorted we should be in a position to get orders out the door as quick as we ever have. Once again I would like to apologize to anyone that has been waiting, we will make it better.

I have always had great customer service from Barnes. Had to call about an order once and one I had some weld on steering parts bent backwards. They overnight correct parts. I have way to many stickers gearing up for my build.

I generally try to avoid getting involved in work things on here, but I figure I need to respond to this. I work at Barnes and have for the past 9 years, I am the head of new product development. I want to start off by saying I am not making excuses, I am only trying to give some insight on what is going on. I want to apologize to anyone and everyone that has been waiting on an order or couldn't get through on the phone. We have had somewhat of a perfect storm for the last month or so that has buried us in orders like we have never been before. Demand has increased by a huge amount and we have had lots of issues with people being out sick and leaving for other opportunity's. We are in the process of doing everything we can to try and catch up we have hired at least 5 new people in the warehouse in the last 2 weeks, and started a second shift. My entire crew and me that should be designing new products have been out in the warehouse trying to help get orders out. As was said above customer service is down 2 people this week, we should have 1 of those people back next week, that should help with the phone coverage and email response. If some of you folks on here run into and order that hasn't shipped or have a question that hasn't been answered shoot me a PM and I will dig in to it on Monday. Long story short bear with us, once we get some staffing issues sorted we should be in a position to get orders out the door as quick as we ever have. Once again I would like to apologize to anyone that has been waiting, we will make it better.
I feel your pain. We had a similar situation a few weeks ago on a much smaller scale. One on 1.5 week vacation, and another left on short notice for a different opportunity, but when you only have 10 people, and they are all significant contributors, that’s 20% of your workforce! And of course this happens while we also had the busiest couple weeks we’ve had in years and are in the midst of building a new building and managing that project, plus trying to interview and hire and train new people. Our customers are used to getting quotes/confirmations/invoices within a couple hours, so of course they all get confused and upset when it takes…a whole business day <gasp!>

I suppose it’s a backhanded compliment that everyone is upset when your customer service is “normal”. :D

That might have been you I talked too today. I've never had an issue and that's why it seemed odd that I had not gotten a response. That's why I asked on here because I know many here use y'all. I was just looking for some kind of confirmation that y'all were still at it. I got the Fed Ex message that my delivery will be here tomorrow.
Thanks

That might have been you I talked too today. I've never had an issue and that's why it seemed odd that I had not gotten a response. That's why I asked on here because I know many here use y'all. I was just looking for some kind of confirmation that y'all were still at it. I got the Fed Ex message that my delivery will be here tomorrow.
Thanks
Brads good people.
Growth is hard at times.
I’ll keep further commentary to myself and just reiterate Brad is good people

I just received a bunch of parts, thousand+ and when I finally got a hold of someone, they said they were really backed up and shorthanded. It took almost 5weeks to get my order and it's never taken more than 7-10days but I understand business and short staffed/etc.

I had no idea you were working there now. Next time I’m across the mountain I’d love to stop in and catch up with you guys!

I have seen a few posts the last few days in some FB groups questioning delivery times. If it’s ok with you I’ll share your post there.

I had no idea you were working there now. Next time I’m across the mountain I’d love to stop in and catch up with you guys!

I have seen a few posts the last few days in some FB groups questioning delivery times. If it’s ok with you I’ll share your post there.

Stop on by, I'd like to catch up sometime!

Share my post anywhere you need to, I'd rather not have all those folks in the dark.

Stop on by, I'd like to catch up sometime!

Share my post anywhere you need to, I'd rather not have all those folks in the dark.
Will do!

My sister lives In Swannanoa and we’re over that way occasionally.

Besides some out of stock stuff, I have been ordering odds and ends for the past couple months and they have been showing up on time. My only gripe is the random gusset pack is a little weak now, damn you guys getting more efficient with your cuts!! :laughing:

I called Barnes once in a panic from up on the mountain in Harlan on a wheeling trip.
@Hoodw!nk blew apart his steering hiem and rolled down the mountain.
Once I got to him and seen he was fine, we looked at what was needed.

I called Barnes at 4:45 on a Thursday, no answer, left a voicemail saying who I was and what I needed and to PLEASE ship it to the post office in Evarts, KY overnight and I would cover the bill later cause I had to recover this rig and had limited service.
They did in fact get that voicemail and get us taken care of, and we wheeled our balls off the rest of that weekend.
Nothing but respect from me 🤘

Back