Balancing Bias Ply Swamper Tips/Tricks

i used the equal one time and don't know if i added to much or if it got wet but it didn't work worth a dam. I think it might have got wet and clumped up. I would not recomend equal, espcially with airing up and down and the posibility of popping a bead. has to much of a possiblity of getting clumpy or doing whatever it did to me.

tyler

ps. i will be getting my 39.5 tsls from discount tire and they will balance them for me. If they don't balance good ( i will make them turn it on the rims and so on till they look the best for a smoth ride :) ).
i will either use the bb method or the water/anitfreeze method.

tyler

One thing to think about is what you are going to be filling the tires with.
Most of the sites talking about powder or beads also talk about using Nitrogen because of the lack of water in it.
If you are on the trail and need to plug, fix, or reseat a tire and it is wet or you will use a system that does not pull water out you will be forced to pull the tire at a later date clean it out and pay for more beads to go in it.
Use CO2 and powder or beads and find out.
Plug a tire and both will stick to the plug and stop them from working.
I would think a good way if you have tires small enough that will be covered get a life time balance and after the trip get it re balanced. Most of the time 35" and under will be covered.
Other then that running bead locks or larger use the water deal or copper BB.
Notice I said Copper not the steel copper washed ones they will rust bad.
Just my 2 cents
J

Hey,

i wrote a really long reply explaining my process of thinking, but it accidently got deleted. but basically i did some rough calculations and one fluid oz of H2O, weighs 1.043125 ounces.

so it would seem that whatever weight this chart recommends, then add that much H2O/AF and that should be close enough.

does that sound reasonable??

one other question about the H2O/AF method, do you get any problems with rust?

later,
bigmac

Thats part of the AF job, prevent rust.

bigmackloud said:
Hey,

i wrote a really long reply explaining my process of thinking, but it accidently got deleted. but basically i did some rough calculations and one fluid oz of H2O, weighs 1.043125 ounces.
one other question about the H2O/AF method, do you get any problems with rust?

later,
bigmac

Sweet, thanks for the calc. basically, 1oz for 1 oz... I like simple math :)

As for the rust, my Boggers were on steel rims for 4 years with the AF/water mix, and not only was there no rust, but the insides of the tire looked brand new when I broke the beads to change the tires.

I honestly cannot imagine why guys would try all this pain in the ass or expensive stuff without doing the free, easy stuff first. Ya don't even need to break the bead to add the AF.

Golf balls

"Ask me how I know"

So im asking, why didn't the golf balls work, they seem to work well in my roommates rig so far, and Ive been running non Balanced 37" Bias ply Claws on MRT Beadlocks for a year, and am ready to try something new and internal to keep them from bouncing so much on the highway...

I don't know if anyone mentioned Airsoft pellets yet. They can be found easily and would be alot cheaper than the Dyna beads. Also, they wouldn't rust like bb's or make as much noise as the golf balls.

Back