Bad Luck

Ricky B

Wiiide Open
lol, just ranting I guess but this semester has been like the worst luck I've ever had :shaking:

First off I can't keep my dang Z71 running right, I seriously fix one thing and immediatly something else breaks/goes wrong, which I guess is normal but usually i used to be able to go a month or two before I broke something else just this semester I really havnt had it at 100% plus when the front left wheel fell off doing 70 mph down the interstate in heavy traffic :handed:

And the main thing . . . I blew up 3 different truck motors this semester :confused:

The best part is two of them were friends trucks they let me borrow, blew up my Z71 motor, my friends s10 motor, and my other friends F150 motor. Not like I was abusing them at all, they all blew up while I was I40 either coming or going from Raleigh to Mooresville.

Heck the only truck that I've drivin from Raleigh to Mooresville that hasnt blown up is old Rusty my 81 Chevy on 40's and Its the one you'd figure would, lol, I'm just having bad luck I guess :lol::shaking:

:end rant:

Anyone else experienceing particularly bad luck this last few months or so? :lol:

i might invest in a horse at this point. they dont blow up. (unless you live in iraq)

As dad said:
Son, you can polish a turd all day long, but at the end of the day you still have a turd.
Maybe its time to get something better then a turd, or stop polishing it and say, it is what it is......:poop:

I would bet that if that truck was in the stock form it would still be running fine today and would be towing ok.

Ricky,

All I can say is :poop: happens....Hang in there dude....we've all been put through the ringer now and then.

make sure you get your friends rigs going again first then worry about your own shit...that will go along way when you need some help on your own stuff.

maybe you should consider riding with someone else for a while and just help pay for fuel...and start saving your $ till you can get your crap back together

:beer:

We all get a run of bad luck every now & then.....it usually works out fine in the end.

Anyone else experienceing particularly bad luck this last few months or so? :lol:
Interesting enough I'm having an exceptional bad run of luck myself. In the last month here's my disasters. I blew up the LS1 in the buggy, spun two rod bearings. Pulled the motor out and replaced the crankshaft and two rods, put it back in and it seemed to have low oil pressure. Pulled it back out and bought another LS1 from the salvage yard, put it in and guess what? The same oil pressure as the rebuilt one. So now I have two of those motors one of which I didn't need to buy, I just needed a different oil pressure sending unit. The first time out after switching motors twice I broke the adapter from the trans to the t-case, pulled it out and replaced it. The following Friday I had just got done building a stroker motor for my buddies 240z and proceeded to lose the brakes and run it through a fence at my shop. It's going to cost me around 2 grand to repair his car and I had to come out last Saturday in the pouring down rain to replace the section of fence I took out. Now for the lastest topper, my wife's WJ started making a "pecking" noise. I replaced all the rockers and pushrods only to find out it's a wrist pin raising hell, so now I have to buy a motor for it. Yeah, Tis the FREAKING SEASON for bad luck.

Interesting enough I'm having an exceptional bad run of luck myself. In the last month here's my disasters. I blew up the LS1 in the buggy, spun two rod bearings. Pulled the motor out and replaced the crankshaft and two rods, put it back in and it seemed to have low oil pressure. Pulled it back out and bought another LS1 from the salvage yard, put it in and guess what? The same oil pressure as the rebuilt one. So now I have two of those motors one of which I didn't need to buy, I just needed a different oil pressure sending unit. The first time out after switching motors twice I broke the adapter from the trans to the t-case, pulled it out and replaced it. The following Friday I had just got done building a stroker motor for my buddies 240z and proceeded to lose the brakes and run it through a fence at my shop. It's going to cost me around 2 grand to repair his car and I had to come out last Saturday in the pouring down rain to replace the section of fence I took out. Now for the lastest topper, my wife's WJ started making a "pecking" noise. I replaced all the rockers and pushrods only to find out it's a wrist pin raising hell, so now I have to buy a motor for it. Yeah, Tis the FREAKING SEASON for bad luck.

Merry Christmas....just slap the LS1 in the WJ!:beer:

It's happening to me too. And to this day the only option I have is to suck it up or kill myself. Just hate people that helps.

Since about May, each month we have had at least one thing go wrong with one of our vehicles. And we had to put our cat down last week.

Rick, that red F150 that was at my house? What happened to it?

i might invest in a horse at this point. they dont blow up. (unless you live in iraq)

I don't agree on buying a horse.

When my 4x4 breaks down I can just park it in the yard untill I want to fix it.
When a horse breaks down you have to call the vet right away and keep feeding the dang thing.

Havent had the best of luck myself. Been sick for a few weeks now and cant seem to get rid of the dang cold. Also broke my transmission on the first run of the buggy. After reading about yalls misfortune, it makes me feel a little better though. :flipoff2:

Within the last month or so I've busted a radiator, oil pan, power steering pump, and screwed up a couple of bearings in my D300.

Not too bad but seeing how my buggy isn't finished and all of it was done in the shop,its kind of shitty

Sounds like a old blues song to me.....

I sent my ex a gift and now my wife is mad
I bought another ls1 and it was just as bad
I busted my oil pan,and my power steering pump
The only truck that I have running..should be in the dump
I blew up my buddies motor..and dont you know of course
some wiseguy on the forum...tells me to buy a horse

Now I got the blues....I got those bad luck run of blues
and the only thing that keeps me going...is chatting with all of you!!

Now if you think i got some bad luck, take a look at Ricky,or even worse, ask bigwoody first, cause he crashed a customer's Z....NOW THATS THE BLUES BABY...thats the low down dirty blues.....and the only thing that keeps me going..........................is interwebing with all of you!!!!

Your good luck still outweighs all this by a shitload.

Sounds like a old blues song to me.....
I sent my ex a gift and now my wife is mad
I bought another ls1 and it was just as bad
I busted my oil pan,and my power steering pump
The only truck that I have running..should be in the dump
I blew up my buddies motor..and dont you know of course
some wiseguy on the forum...tells me to buy a horse
Now I got the blues....I got those bad luck run of blues
and the only thing that keeps me going...is chatting with all of you!!
Now if you think i got some bad luck, take a look at Ricky,or even worse, ask bigwoody first, cause he crashed a customer's Z....NOW THATS THE BLUES BABY...thats the low down dirty blues.....and the only thing that keeps me going..........................is interwebing with all of you!!!!

hahaha, Dylan you are the man, that song is awsome :lol:

Rick, that red F150 that was at my house? What happened to it?

Yea, we got back fine, later he let me borrow it I was goin down the interstate and it started belching smoke, oils getting in the cylinders somehow its thick blue smoke, hopefully its just a headgasket we havnt pulled it apart yet

Back