bad land 9000

madJeepJ10

i have a badland 9000 winch that sat for a year and i tried to hook it up today and all i here is a little hum coming from the synod. it also clicks like its trying to engage. is my motor stuck or what how can i check if my motor is bad or not. thank you for all the help.

there are 3 cables on the winch motor at the top and the ground at the bottom. i tried to take a hot from the battery and all it did was spark alot

489ed1be32f422af1fb4a8c3fb76baac.jpg

Zoo City Sawz

Being it says load hold ...I assume an electric brake ? ....so 1 lead is ground , 1 lead is brake, I lead is forward and ,1 reverse ???? Just a guess

Zoo City Sawz

yep thats what mine looks like to so if i go from the positive of my battery to ether of the leads on the motor red or black then somthing should happen so if it starts to spark should i hold it on there or pull it off real quick. i pulled it off real quick when i did it today i did not want to mess anything up ferther

Being it says load hold ...I assume an electric brake ? ....so 1 lead is ground , 1 lead is brake, I lead is forward and ,1 reverse ???? Just a guess

Zoo City Sawz

1 ground (black on bottom of motor). The other 3 are power and control direction, but it's not as simple as you would think, and honestly it's a bit over my head.

yep thats what mine looks like to so if i go from the positive of my battery to ether of the leads on the motor red or black then somthing should happen so if it starts to spark should i hold it on there or pull it off real quick. i pulled it off real quick when i did it today i did not want to mess anything up ferther

If you do that, then nothing should happen. It takes all 4 terminals to run (or test) the motor. Negative from battery goes to black on the bottom of the motor. Positive from battery goes to black on top of motor. Connect the Red and Yellow together with another jumper cable and the motor should spin. To spin the motor the other way, Connect the yellow to battery +, then connect red to top black. I don't which way is "forward" and which is "reverse"

Here's a visual:
41MinPcp61L.jpg

So i got tired of toating around a winch that dont work.i took it off the truck and to the garage. It was full of water so 5 hrs later and alot of sand papper and she works agin.

Back