Axle tube welding in Gaston or Lincoln County area

Scott86MJ

I'm needing a Dana 44 axle tube welded to the cast iron differential housing. Thanks

If you're looking for some awesome, perfect stacked dimes with proper preheat and cool down, I'm no help. If you need someone just to warm it up with a torch, MIG around the tubes, and you drive off into the sunset, then hit me up. :D

I'm in Vale, can help you out if you need! 828-284-1302 thanks

If you're looking for some awesome, perfect stacked dimes with proper preheat and cool down, I'm no help. If you need someone just to warm it up with a torch, MIG around the tubes, and you drive off into the sunset, then hit me up. :D
I was thinking you had to tig weld those tubes? If you can help me out let me know when you have some time to fool with it. Thanks

Technically you’re supposed to do a bunch of pre-heating and let it cool a certain way and all that stuff. I ugly welded my 14 bolt tubes by heating them up to 350* and mig welding. Torched it a little on cool down and called it good. Hope it holds

I was thinking you had to tig weld those tubes? If you can help me out let me know when you have some time to fool with it. Thanks
Technically you’re supposed to do a bunch of pre-heating and let it cool a certain way and all that stuff. I ugly welded my 14 bolt tubes by heating them up to 350* and mig welding. Torched it a little on cool down and called it good. Hope it holds
If you want to get technical. Prep the weld area, slow preheat, weld with a nickel rod or a 7018, stress relieve the welds aka peen, and slowly cool. Typical MIG wire works for most people as well.

Like I said...
If you're looking for some awesome, perfect stacked dimes with proper preheat and cool down, I'm no help.
But...
If you need someone just to warm it up with a torch, MIG around the tubes, and you drive off into the sunset, then hit me up. :D
Standard MIG wire and a good torching for a few minutes may not be by the book, but should work fine for the majority of situations ;)

throw a rosebud on the torch and pretend you are a pro

Like I said...

But...

Standard MIG wire and a good torching for a few minutes may not be by the book, but should work fine for the majority of situations ;)
I've done quite a few with preheat and standard mig with no issues 🤷🏽‍♂️ biggest thing is to stress relieve it and wrap up in the welding blanket after.

Back